PDA

View Full Version : Stars and robots out for Transformers premiere

John
06-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Hundreds of fans braved the rain in London's Leicester Square to welcome the cast and some dressed up as robots for the occasion, something LaBeouf revealed he may even have done himself back home.

He said: "You know, I'm an 80s baby, so I understand it. If I wasn't in this movie I'd be out here dressed like a robot, maybe not out here but back in LA."

The Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull star reprises his role as teenager Sam Witwicky, with Fox joining him again as girlfriend Mikaela Banes.

Fox said she was delighted to be back in London, where she has previously filmed before.

"I've filmed in London before," she said. "I stayed here for a couple of months. It's been a while since I've been back, but I'm happy to be here and the fans are really respective and really excited so that makes me happy."

Director Michael Bay says the film promises a lot more action than its prequel.

He said: "I think you're going to see a much more global scale movie, you're going to see a much bigger adventure. The robot animation is far superior than the last one and I think you're going to see a really fun movie."

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen opens in the UK on June 19.