PDA

View Full Version : TNA Star Hints At UFC Move

Black Widow
06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
FORMER WWE superstar Tazz has hinted he is considering a switch into the world of mixed martial arts.

But MMA fans need not worry — he won't be following in the footsteps of UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar by showing off his wrestling skills.

Instead, the 41-year-old New Yorker has expressed an interest in joining commentators Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan in the announce booth.

Tazz, who has agreed terms with TNA, said: "I actually have thought about doing colour [commentary] in the MMA world.

"Humbly speaking, I feel I would be a good fit with my Judo/grappling experience.

"Being a fan of MMA and with my obvious WWE broadcasting background, I'd be a pretty good hybrid commentator for the MMA realm!"

However, it seems very unlikely that UFC president Dana White would hire Tazz as a commentator.

Goldberg and Rogan are a rock-solid combination and if either were unavailable, it would be more probable to see lightweight fighter Kenny Florian step into the breach, considering his excellent TV work for ESPN's MMA Live and the fact he covered for Rogan at UFC 83 last year.

The Sun

DUKE NUKEM
06-18-2009, 06:52 AM
wow thanks for the update Ryan