PDA

View Full Version : Recap of WWE's Donald Trump Press Conference from Monday Afternoon

Kellie
06-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Here's a recap of the press conference held by WWE yesterday afternoon in Green Bay, Wisconsin for the Donald Trump storyline that now appears to be over. The recap is from ProWrestling.net's David:

We had to wait outside until about 4:30 in the hot sun and then there was no seating in the Airport Executive Air building. The press conference started at 4:45 and lasted about eight minutes.

it was a fun eight minutes but not really worth the wait because it was so hot outside.

Todd Grisham finally came out and introduced Vince McMahon, who got heavy cheering and then he introduced Donald Trump. Trump got booed and walked out on red carpet along with Kelly, Eve, The Bella Twins, Maryse, and Maria.

If you have never seen the divas that up close you are missing out, Kelly is unreal that up close. I was right in front of the stage. Seeing Trump, McMahon, and the Divas was pretty cool, I'll admit.

Trump said they are putting the green back in Green Bay by giving money back. McMahon's hilarious and he thought it was unreal Trump was giving money back to the fans. Trump said there would be thousands of people and he even said 22,000, which everyone laughed at including Vince. The Resch Center holds a max of about 10,000 and I doubt the attendance will be that high.

They opened it up to a media Q&A, it was very short I think there was just one question which was why Trump chose to start in Green Bay. Trump said it was the only choice to hold his first show and he requested it to Vince when he bought Raw. That was almost laughable in my opinion. Trump said don't ask Vince questions because he doesn't matter anymore, it was an interesting moment. I really believe these guys are competitive with each other and have HUGE egos.

The press conference was fun and fans were enthusiastic. Fans were excited for tonight's Raw. I will not be attending...in my opinion Raw is at an all time low in the past two months. When I heard it was coming here a few months ago I didn't think it would be worth it. I can hardly sit through it in my living room lately, let alone an arena. Hopefully, tonight's show will be good, but I think even a lot of the enthusiastic fans think the Trump storyline is a joke.

IW