PDA

View Full Version : Ask Richard - KFC Ads, Where's JBL?, Jeff Hardy, WWE Angles

John
06-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Sometimes weird things make you laugh. I thought the commentators constantly doing spots for the KFC grilled chicken were funny. I liked Kendra's line in the Raw results: "They're still pushing the chicken!" What surprised me is that JR didn't mention wanting BBQ sauce to go with it. Just the idea of saying "Raw is brought to you by chicken" is hysterical. Any thoughts or comments on Raw's big chicken sponsor?

It was just a way to get some advertisements on Monday's commercial-free edition of Raw. The ads obviously worked as more people have been talking about Kentucky Grilled Chicken than any commercial I remember. Personally I would rather see more "produce placement" ads like we saw on Monday and less commercial breaks. Raw without commercials helped the rating immensely as the show did an outstanding 4.5 cable rating. With DVRs playing a big role in TV today, one would think advertising will be evolving into this.

Where is JBL?

JBL retired from professional wrestling at WrestleMania 25 in less than impressive fashion. He has been taking time off and is currently vacationing in Italy. He is focused on MamaJuana Energy and has been doing some Mixed Martial Arts commentary. Bradshaw routinely checks in with fans in blogs on the WWE Universe website.

Has Jeff Hardy signed a new contract with WWE?

Jeff Hardy has yet to sign a contract extension with World Wrestling Entertainment. Yesterday, I posted a full update on his status as well as what the majority of the locker room thinks at this link.

Do you find it weird how everyone is so quick to bash wrestling as totally fake: punches, outcomes, etc., but when something blatantly fake happens like Vince dying or Trump "buying" Raw they'll believe it?

It is partially WWE's fault how people take angles such as Donald Trump "buying" Raw seriously. The USA Network actually issued a press release passing Trump "buying" Raw as legitimate which is why as many media sources reported on it. This is also what launched an SEC investigation on WWE and led to the abrupt end to the angle. I posted a full update regarding the situation at this link.