PDA

View Full Version : JR - Autographed Items Available on our website...Savage...Bash Thoughts

John
06-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Scorching, hot days here in Oklahoma is not doing the BBQ business any favors even though we have great a/c and the coldest beer in town. Thanks to having a convenient drive through, however, we are still "in the hunt." Next week we're scheduled to be in "only" the 90's. We've got several autographed items in our on line store and in J.R.'s BBQ in Norman available for you and we ship worldwide caps, shirts, books, kouzies, etc.

I did an interview today with a German magazine and I'm not sure with my pronounced Oklahoma drawl that they understood a word I said but they wouldn't be the first.

Congrats to Torrie Wilson for finishing runner up on NBC's "I'm a Celebrity...Get me out of here! Torrie held her own by being smart and staying off the radar to a large degree notwithstanding the votes of the fans. Torrie is dating former Spirit Squad member Nick Mitchell who defines the term of out kicking is coverage.

"The Bash" is drawing near and has more matches on it than I would have guessed. One has to assume that the Three Stages of Hell match for the WWE Title will close the show. That's where I would put it. HHH has won the two Three Stages of Hell bouts that I have seen in the past by defeating Stone Cold and HBK in the early 2000's. It would surprise me if HHH doesn't win his 14th Title at The Bash which puts him just two behind the number normally used when talking about Ric Flair's title reigns.

My complete list of "Bash" predictions can be found on the Smackdown page of www.wwe.com.

We've got individual bottles of sauce on our site for $3.95 a bottle but you are better off buying multiple bottles to save on shipping. As a matter of fact we have many gift idea items for less than five bucks on the site.

Good to see that the WWE produced Randy Savage DVD debuted at #1 and even moved ahead of WM25 on the DVD charts. It will be even more interesting to see how long the Savage compilation of bouts will remain at #1 or near the top.

John Cena must have a thing for "John Deere" as his new swag is essentially the same color scheme as the world famous John Deere products. My family owned two tractors when I was a kid, a John Deere and a Massey Ferguson. Two more reasons that I did not want to "stay down on the farm."

Our cap sales on our site have been good as men and women both seem to enjoy adding a new caps to their collection plus we are autographing them and these types of products can be shipped worldwide with no issues.

The King and I are making a somewhat harmless appearance in Chicago on September 6 and some "scribes" are making a huge deal out of it and not in a positive way. I don't get that quite frankly. We both enjoy meeting fans of the genre plus I like watching new talent wrestle as the next new "big thing" might be wrestling that night. It is the night before the September 7 Raw in Chicago of which I assume we will be taping a SD Superstars bout so I had to be in town anyway. If any wrestling websites are making a big deal of this matter then it really has been a slow, news week.

Nothing new on the Jerry Brisco front as his heart procedure will likely take place next week. Normal recovery time from weekly travel, etc is a couple of months and as I mentioned there are many days when I return from a wacky road trip that I would love a couple of months off. Ironically, I don't recall ever filling out a vacation request all the years that I have worked at WWE which is not a badge of courage nor is it any thing that I would recommend any one do. Jerry rarely has taken a week off from the 51 week a year grind that he and many of his peers endure so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. If that's not a good analogy, I do know that it's best to look at any glass as being half full than half empty. Jerry's skills as a talent evaluator/scout/recruiter are invaluable to any organization.

Our new Camo caps are doing really well and that has become one of my favorite caps of choice. Our caps are all selling for less than $10 here on the site.

The OKC Raw set at one time for September has been moved to Little Rock which means I now get to make a 500 mile round trip to likely do one match instead of a 20 minute drive from Norman up to OKC. The Ford Center is getting renovated for the NBA OKC Thunder and won't be ready for events until sometime in October. However, WWE will apparently have their only Oklahoma date of 2009 in Tulsa at the BOK Center the night after the Little Rock Raw.

I plan on updating the Q&A section of this site before I leave Saturday for Sacramento. I have already gone through many of the questions and deleted them as they are either WAY too long or they have been addressed before. I unfortunately only have the time to read 3-5 succinct sentences so keep your questions short if you want them to be answered. Thanks for cooperating.

We appreciate your business and for stopping by.

Boomer Sooner!

J.R.