PDA

View Full Version : Tointon apprehensive about soap exit

OMEN
07-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Actress Kara Tointon parts ways with Albert Square later this month and says she is apprehensive about leaving 'Eastenders'.

Her character Dawn Swann has been pregnant, abducted and engaged since joining the show in 2005.

Speaking to this month's FHM magazine the actress said "I'm a real mixture of emotions. I'm very apprehensive. In a funny sort of way, when you're on a show like 'EastEnders', you're living a second life, you have a second family and you go to work in this little cocoon."
Advertisement

She continued: "I'm nervous, but also excited to do other things. I always planned to do two years at 'EastEnders', so to actually do four was great. It's time to move on, though. They haven't told me too much about what's going to happen."

She added: "I'm hoping for a happy ending rather than being killed off. I like the idea of being able to come back at some point."

Speaking about her on screen brother and real life love, Joe Swash, she said: "I suppose you could think going out with your TV brother is a bit weird.

"We didn't say anything for a while as we wanted to see what would happen. Otherwise you end up in the situation where you talk about it and then something happens and you're not together. Also, for some reason, I thought work would be really angry with me."

The full interview appears in FHM magazine on sale on Thursday.

RTE