PDA

View Full Version : Taz Talks Batista, Who Throws Good Suplexes, WWE Announcing & More

Kellie
07-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Taz is back with another round of Q&A on his official Facebook page. The highlights:

- They say every man has their price, is there an offer you cant refuse to wrestle one more match? Like if TNA just offered you a crazy one match deal, would you risk it?

**NO..I will say it again and again and again...I am D O N E.

- Taz, Being the master of the suplex... who do you think throws the sickest suplexes now?

**Good question. I feel outta touch with some of the newer talent in Japen but I know for many years there were some awesome throws being done in that awesome country! By greats like the late Misawa, Masa Saito, Hiro Hase, Tiger Mask & Thunder Liger! So now in the states its like the "art" of the suplex is just thrown (pun intended) away...not special! A lot has to do with TV time restrictions on most TV matches. So will name the U.S. workers that I feel have excellence technique behind their throws
--Kurt Angle
--Scott Steiner
--Samoa Joe
--Shelton Benjamin
--William Regal

- Hey Taz. I know a lot of "Internet fans" have got a problem with Batista. But what're your thoughts on him as a wrestler?

**Well more importantly I feel is my thoughts on him as a person....good dude from were I sit. Always been super cool with me...I like Dave a lot. As a wrestler i feel he has come a LOOONG way from 3 or 4 years ago and has worked his ass off and it shows in my opinion!! The man is a Superstar...looks it...acts it...believes it which is WHY he is a BIG STAR!! Perception is reality in this biz.

- Taz, Towards the end of your time with WWE, you made the jump from the ECW commentator's table to the seat right next to JR on SmackDown!. Why did that happen? Also, who was your favorite person to call a match with?

**it happen because I was in a very tough spot on ECW, calling 1 match on PPV's and stuck in quicksand with Adamle and VKM & K Dunn knew I wanted to get back where I belonged on one of the bigger brands! So when the opportunity popped up Kevin Dunn did what he said he would do and he moved me back up. See, the plan for the re-birth of ECW and for the ECW brand was for it to be on par with Raw & SD....but it just didn't have a chance because half the people in creative wanted the brand to represent what the brand use to be and the other half of the Powers That Be wanted it to be Raw or SD "LIGHT"...so it became the red headed step child in my opinion (no offense to any actual red headed step children). I wanted off the show....i wasn't challenged anymore on that show.
Up to this point in my announcing career..Cole is my favorite partner to work with...I love JR trust me but Cole and I have a lot of history.

IW

cordy720
07-05-2009, 01:30 PM
thanks 4 the read

DUKE NUKEM
07-06-2009, 06:42 AM
thanks for the post Kellie