PDA

View Full Version : Ask WNW - Goldust To ECW, Team Ego, The Miz, Gail Kim

John
07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Was Goldust moved to ECW to be a mentor for the young talent or is there just no storyline for him?

This is the exact reason Goldust was moved to ECW. As I reported exclusively on Wrestling News World Premium, WWE brought the workers they did to ECW to help coach and develop the younger call-ups. Be sure and read my update from yesterday for more on the moves as well as news on a potential announcer shakeup.

Do you think Unified Tag Team Champions Edge and Chris Jericho are a good tag team together?

I would rather see Edge and Christian work as a tag team but I like the pairing of Edge and Chris Jericho. The team adds credibility to the tag division and as I mentioned previously, gives Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes two top talents to work with to further their development. Also, it keeps Edge and Jericho on both Raw and SmackDown as floating heels.

I recently read here on Wrestling News World the WWE office was high up on The Miz but they had him lose twice to John Cena. What is the current backstage opinion of him?

WWE has been very careful in protecting The Miz against John Cena but they ended up blowing off the program with The Miz doing a job. This doesn't mean the WWE office is no longer high up on him because they are. However, they wanted to put John Cena back in the WWE Championship mix which is why he had to go over Miz. The Miz still has a very bright future in WWE.

Do you believe now that Gail Kim has been moved to Raw we will see the best of her and the push she deserves as she works with top female workers such as Mickie James and Beth Phoenix?

It all depends on what WWE decides to do with their Women's division. So far in 2009, the Divas have been treated as comedy and not pushed as serious competition. If Vince McMahon decides to green light the Divas and showcase their wrestling abilities, I think Gail Kim to Raw opens up several entertaining programs. If not, she runs the risk of getting buried. McMahon hasn't been too keen on pushing workers that went to TNA and became big superstars. This has been evident with Christian on ECW and now Gail Kim treated like a run of the mill Diva despite being one of the best female workers in the world.