PDA

View Full Version : Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam" [Music Video]

DeadWolf
07-09-2006, 03:48 PM
The music video for Metallica's hit single "Wherever I May Roam", which can be found on their Black Album.

kWW6_KNYpeU

Enjoy.

Song Trivia: "Wherever I May Roam" is the fifth track on the Metallica album (a.k.a. the Black Album) by the thrash metal band Metallica.

This song is cited as part of the supposed drift by Metallica toward a more commercial sound and image which angered and disillusioned many long-time fans. Those who perfer the glory days of Metallica as opposed to their more recent material sometimes call Black the last great album.

The song starts with a sitar playing the main riff of the song, before the drums and electric guitars come in. The song's lyrics revolve around the theme of a drifter. The lines "Rover, Wanderer, Nomad, Vagabond, Call me what you will" refer to the life on the road, and a nomad's life as an outsider. It also refers to the nomad's life with the lyrics "...And the road becomes my bride" and "Off the beaten path I reign.".

This song often gets overshadowed by its more famous album brothers "Enter Sandman" and "Nothing Else Matters", but is regularly finds a spot on Metallica's live shows, and was played with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra (conducted by Michael Kamen) on the album S&M. (Normally during live performances of the song, the sitar intro is played as a recording, though at the S&M show, guitarist Kirk Hammett actually played the sitar live.)