PDA

View Full Version : Former NFL quarterback McNair dead

Kellie
07-05-2009, 03:37 AM
Former National Football League quarterback Steve McNair has been killed by what police say was a fatal gunshot wound to the head.

McNair, known as "Air" McNair in a 13-season NFL career that ended with his retirement in April of last year, was a former quarterback for the Nashville-based Tennessee Titans.

Police told the station that McNair appeared to be involved in a double homicide in downtown Nashville with a woman also found dead at the scene.

McNair led the Titans to the 2000 Super Bowl, where they were beaten by the St Louis Rams 23-16 in one of the greatest matches of all time.

Titans owner Bud Adams said the team was "saddened and shocked" by the news.

"He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans," Adams said.

"He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

McNair had only last week given an interview to a local Tennessee newspaper about a new restaurant he was a partner in.

He told The Tennessean on June 29 that he had located the restaurant near the local university to give lower-income students an affordable healthy eating option.

"This is something that I can still give back to the community," McNair said.

"We want to know (customers), their name, what they eat and drink — if I’m in town, I’ll be here every day."

A three-time Pro Bowl selection, McNair shared the most valuable player of the NFL award in 2003.

In 161 games (153 starts), he threw for 31,304 yards on 2733- of-4544 passing, with 174 touchdowns. He also ran for 3590 career yards and 37 TDs.

McNair last played in the NFL in 2007 for the Ravens. He is a former third overall pick by Houston in the NFL's 1995 entry draft.

He was married to Mechelle, and had four sons: Steve Junior, Steven, Tyler, and Trenton

ArJay
07-05-2009, 04:31 AM
This year has been absolutely the worse for deaths. :(
RIP Steve "Air" McNair

Before The Beginning
07-05-2009, 05:35 AM
It's so disheartening to see stuff like this happen, especially since its basically become the norm lately. They need to bring back the death penalty in every state and get rid of these people, half of them have no fear of going to prison for life, and the taxpayers have to pay for these worthless human beings while they serve life sentences.
I'm so tired of people not giving a damn about other people and their families.
Theres a lot of people who arent celebrities who have this happen and its just not brought up, and for those I am sorry also.
RIP Steve McNair, your time came to fast, and you will be dearly missed, I hope his family gets closure soon.

ArJay
07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Well, the person who killed him is dead too...they're saying it was Murder/Suicide.