PDA

View Full Version : Layla El Talks About How Michael Jackson Was Her Favorite Dancer

John
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM
The Miami Herald has an interview online today with Layla El promoting next week’s SmackDown/ECW taping at the American Airlines Arena. The interview mentions how Layla was a former dancer for the Miami Heat and went on to win the 2006 WWE Diva Search with a grand prize of $250,000. Below are a few highlights of the interview:

On her favorite dancer:
''Actually, Michael Jackson, the Thriller video inspired me, started me in dance. I'd also say Madonna, Janet Jackson, J.Lo and Paula Abdul.''

Who in the WWE is the best dancer:
''[The Animal] Batista is good. I've seen him dance. He's got some moves. And Miz has the biggest head. He always thinks he's good.''

If she’ll ever do Dancing with the Stars:
''She was amazing. I would love to be part of it. I don't know how I would do because maybe they would expect more from me. Ballroom dancing is not my style, but I would really, really give it a good effort.''

On being a celebrity judge for the upcoming Miami Heat Dancers:
''It's looking good that I will be a celebrity judge when the Miami Heat dancers have tryouts on July 19. I remember I was nervous when I auditioned. The Heat dancers are the best in the NBA, and I know what they're looking for because I've been there before.''