PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan Hints At Going To TNA Wrestling - Details

John
07-08-2009, 06:06 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan was interviewed this week by The Southtown Star and spoke about a number of topics, including his family, advice for aspiring wrestlers and the upcoming Hulk Hogan Fan Appreciation Day. Some of the Hulkster's most interesting comments came when the subject of WWE vs. TNA came up.

"I watch both products. (TNA's) like the little engine that could. Everybody thought they wouldn't be around for long, and they've been chugging along for seven years. They gain momentum every week. They seem to be real fresh. When a lot of guys go over to that side of the fence, they seem to get a spring in their step," Hogan said. He added that he also watched the WWE product saying, " Vince is the constant. He's the standard of excellence. I just love watching his show because you never know what he is going to do. Plus, the production -- you can't even touch his production. It's so dialed-in. It's amazing just to see how they put the pieces together."

"If you look at history, everyone says, 'History repeats itself.' With all of the choices in the universe of entertainment, I look at the big package and look at the big picture from 40,000 feet. I see history repeating itself. I see TNA getting strong. I see Vince McMahon being impeccable except for a few little holes in the boat."

Hogan continued, "TNA is lacking that one momentum-shifting move, that one big name that would even the playing field, the brand (that is) just as powerful as the WWE brand. (TNA's) lacking the big piece of the puzzle. It wouldn't matter who did what in the past. It will be a totally even playing field. You never know."

mikedudelang
07-08-2009, 07:06 PM
"TNA is lacking that one momentum-shifting move, that one big name that would even the playing field."

Yeah Hogan, that big name is John Cena. He's the one guy in wrestling today that could even things out.

Hogan coming to TNA would mean very little at this stage of his career. Fine, he's the biggest name in wrestling history but in 2009 the guy is little more than a few quick haymakers in the center of the ring. Watching Hogan try and put on full-blown matches with guys like Kurt Angle and A.J. Styles would be even more pitiful than watching Nash try to do it on a weekly basis.

DUKE NUKEM
07-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Wow very ture^, thanks for this john

Konan
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't think so that Hogan will wrestle again . its funny yeah

the madscotsman
07-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Ihope he stays as far away from tna as possible. the last thing that company needs is that manipulative, crippled old prick. they've all ready got enough of those with Nash and russo.

Kage
07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
If Hogan does ever wrestle again, it will be for the money. And the money is with Wwe.

mikedudelang
07-09-2009, 05:22 PM
If Hogan does ever wrestle again, it will be for the money. And the money is with Wwe.

Very true. Hogan may well love the wrestling business...but he doesn't love it for anything less than a fat paycheck. And with that said, I'm ok with that. I respect that fact that Hogan gets his money.

Bottom line is Hogan's long passed the point where he can make a mark with a growing company like TNA. The NWO thing he helped pull off in WCW was as much luck as anything else. If he wants another moment in the spotlight, the WWE is the only place with the size and scale needed to quench Hollywood's ego.

A Blissful Ass
07-09-2009, 10:53 PM
"If you look at history, everyone says, 'History repeats itself.' With all of the choices in the universe of entertainment, I look at the big package and look at the big picture from 40,000 feet. I see history repeating itself. I see TNA getting strong. I see Vince McMahon being impeccable except for a few little holes in the boat."

Hogan continued, "TNA is lacking that one momentum-shifting move, that one big name that would even the playing field, the brand (that is) just as powerful as the WWE brand. (TNA's) lacking the big piece of the puzzle. It wouldn't matter who did what in the past. It will be a totally even playing field. You never know."

So your the one to save TNA Hogan,Your the missing peice didn't you have your run in TNA then you fucked off back to WWE

Yeah Hogan, that big name is John Cena. He's the one guy in wrestling today that could even things out.
:laugh:@ that

Relapse
07-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I really don't think he will go to TNA, Cause like it says he wants a lot of money TNA can't afford to spend a shit load of money on Hogan who will probably only make 2-3 appearances, He is to old and no disrespect to him but there is probably not a lot of people who would really care if he "Returned" to wrestling.

Y0UR Messiah
07-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Personally, I think if Ric Flair went over to TNA, TNA would start getting a lot more ratings. He can still wrestle and is awesome on the mic. Even if he were a manager or something, I think it would help TNA grow. That's just my opinion though.