PDA

View Full Version : Dixon & Bussell take over as Strictly judges

OMEN
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Alesha Dixon is set for a return to 'Strictly Come Dancing' this year - as a judge.

The BBC has confirmed that she will replace Arlene Phillips, 66, on the top-rated show's judging panel in a deal announced today.

And in a surprise move, another judge will be added to the panel, retired ballet star Darcey Bussell.
Advertisement

Jay Hunt, controller for BBC One, said: "Arlene played a vital role in making Strictly a hit and I would like to thank her for all her work on the show."

World-class ballet dancer Bussell will appear as a guest judge on the panel towards the end of the series.

Len Goodman, 65, and Bruno Tonioli, 53, and Craig Revel Horwood, 44 are all set to return to the show when it starts this autumn.

Phillips will be now be joining BBC's 'The One Show' later this year as the Strictly Come Dancing expert in the lead up to and across the 14-week run of the dancing competition.

She said: "I am delighted to be part of The One Show. I will miss Strictly. It has been a big part of my life for six years."

Dixon said: "I'm honoured and excited to be joining the judging panel. I've always felt like part of the Strictly family and really believe in the show."

Bussell added: "It is a real pleasure to have been invited to join Strictly Come Dancing. It is a fantastic show and I'm looking forward to getting to know the dancers and being part of the excitement."

Bussell will also appear on 'It Takes Two,' the BBC Two spin-off show.

RTE