PDA

View Full Version : TNA House Show Results (7/09/09) - Jamestown, New York

John
07-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Wrestling News World reader Troy Louk sent the following:

What’s up wrestlingnewsworld.com readers I just got back from attending the TNA House Show @ the Savings Bank Arena in Jamestown, New York and wanted to share the results, and before I get into that a word of advice if anyone has the chance to attend a TNA LIVE event...DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT MISS OUT!!!. and with that being said onto the results of the show.

The show kicked off with one of the agents from the back coming out to open up the show followed by the introduction of TNAs long-time backstage interviewer and ring announcer JB Jeremy Borash who came out to a pretty warm reception from the crowd. The fans got even more amped up with JB's next statement that backstage passes would be distributed at several points during the evening to the loudest fans. However a pop would turn to heat directed at the aforementioned backstage agent when he declared there wouldnt be time, but JB came through in the clutch for the Jamestown faithful when he said there would be time made for the passes to be used.

The first matchup of the evening pitted Sheik Abdul Bashir against Consequences Creed in a one on one encounter with Slick Johnson serving as referee. The fans really got on Bashir's case as he received some of the most intense heat of the entire evening even threatening not to come out for his entrance if we failed to show him proper respect. Major USA USA chants echoed throughout the arena in support of Creed and many in the crowd exploded in cheers when he stated he had something special he wanted to do for someone special and the song Thriller from the late legendary King Of Pop Michael Jackson hit the loudspeakers and Creed did the classic zombie dance from the iconic video. A great opening matchup and the crowd was off at a fever pitch when Creed picked up the win with what I would best describe as a firemans carry twisted into a front cutter for the victory.

Next up in a Number One Contender Match former TNA Knockout Champion Angelina Love representing The Beautiful People squared off with the ultra popular Taylor Wilde with Earl Hebner serving as referee. A great performance put on by both very talented compettiors who are also two of the most beautiful women ive ever seen, in the end Taylor delighted the crowd in picking up the win with a front forward rollup..

We once again heard from JB stating that Kurt Angle had just texted him and declared he was considering not performing in front of as I believe he put it "the morons in Jamestown" which of course picked up some major heel heat.

The third match on the card featured Showtime Eric Young taking on Black Machismo Jay Lethal. Showtime was in classic heel form and Jay had the crowd completely behind him. In a tremendous match when all was said and done Showtime Eric Young would go on to defeat Black Machismo Jay Lethal with a wheelbarrow neckbreaker.

Next up in our first of two championship matches the prestigious TNA World Tag Team Championship was up for grabs as Beer Money Inc. (Robert Roode and Cowboy James Storm) defended against former champions Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother D-Von). Several funny spots during this match with Beer Money engaging in some tactics which could best be described in a politically correct manor as Brother Ray did referring to Brokeback Mountain followed by a very funny pitcher catcher joke. This was one of the greatest tag team matches Ive ever witnessed at any LIVE event and featured a hot tag by Team 3D which sent the crowd into a frenzy and a near fight between Roode and Storm which ended in a fakeout and a hug between the tag champs to very loud heat and a double clothesline by Brother Ray. Another high spot for me was when we got to see the classic WAZZZUUUP double team maneuver. When the dust settled and the smoke cleared in this epic matchup it would be Sheik Abdul Bashirs interference which would lead into a James Storm superkick on Brother Ray for the 1-2-3. Still your TNA World Tag Team Champions Ladies and Gentlemen Beer Money. However before we moved into the next match Bashir's actions would not go unpunished as the crowd asked and therefore got what they wanted when Bashir fell victim to a thunderous 3D thru a table. And in true TNA fan friendly fashion 3D gave a piece of the table away to a young fan.

Then following a 15 minute intermission the second of our two championship bouts was on tap as the brand new X-Division Champion Homicide defending the title against the man he won it from Suicide. Another terrific matchup and in the end the champion once again retained as Homicide scored with a neckbreaker for the victory.

Next it was MAIN EVENT time and what an outstanding main event it was as the godfather of the Main Event Mafia and the TNA World Champion Kurt Angle teamed with the newest member of the Mafia the Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe to do battle with TNA Legends Champion The Phenomenal AJ Styles and his partner Daniels. What a tremendous match this was and a truly perfect way to end the show.. This one had so many high spots and one of my favorites was a textbook "Best Moonsault Ever (B.M.E) delivered by Daniels onto Joe in the center of the ring. In the end the crowd erupted in a chaotic roar as AJ got the win for his team over the TNA World Champion Kurt Angle when he pinned the godfather of the mafia.

Folks I feel the need to say this one more time to anyone who may read this article. If you have the chance to attend any TNA event in my honest to the good lord opinion ATTEND THE SHOW I STRONGLY BELIEVE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. Ive been attending pro wrestling shows for close to 20 of my 29 years of life and this is the best and most fan friendly show EVER. When we arrived and I purchased my program, referees Earl Hebner and Slick Johnson automatically autographed it COMPLETELY FREE other than the 20 dollar price of the program itself. Following the show AJ Styles and Daniels took pictures with fans in the ring for just 20 dollars a piece, during the show I got high-fives from Taylor Wilde, and Brother D-Von as they exited to the back and I stood next to the guard rail. And after the show I met and got autographs for free from Consequences Creed, Jeremy Borash, Black Machismo Jay Lethal and AJ Styles. Hope you enjoyed the article folks and thank you TNA for an experience I will never forget and I will attend again.