PDA

View Full Version : BBC presenter Hardeep Singh Kohli suspended

John
07-13-2009, 04:51 PM
BBC presenter Hardeep Singh Kohli has been suspended from his role on The One Show, after accusations of inappropriate behaviour from a female colleague.

A spokeswoman at the BBC confirmed that Kohli will spend six months away from the show saying: "The producers of The One Show received a complaint regarding Hardeep's behaviour towards a production colleague. Hardeep was reprimanded and immediately apologised.

"He agreed to take some time away from the show to reflect on his behaviour."

The presenter has been suspended from The One Show for six months but will still be allowed to work on other BBC productions.

The BBC has not admitted the exact details of the complaint but Kohli said: "Nobody has accused me of sexual harassment. I recognise I over stepped the mark and have apologised unreservedly."

Kohli, who separated from his wife two years ago, was quoted as saying "'I'm a single man now for the first time since I was 17" in an interview last year.

It's the second time The One Show has been hit by scandal following Carol Thatcher's use off the word "golliwog" off-air. Thatcher refused to apologise for the remark and was sacked earlier in the year.