PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Says His Conditioning Is A Big Question Mark, Compares TNA To Time In WWE

John
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Brian Fritz of the Orlando Sentinel has posted a transcript from Mick Foley's appearance on the Between the Ropes radios show last night. Below are the highlights:

When asked about his cardiovascular shape in his upcoming singles match against Kurt Angle: That's the thing. It's a big question mark and I was even thinking in the pre-match promo of being honest and being the one guy that has severe doubts. Of course, right now, they're all performance-related and they're not concerning wins and losses so I'll tweak that a little bit. I've talked to athletes who will admit after contests that they were very apprehensive or maybe even a little fearful but their never allowed to say that. So it might be breaking a rule. I'm sure some people will be like "you can't promote a match by saying you can't win". But it's going to be really tough. Kurt is still in the cardio shape he was, more or less, when he won the gold medal and I'm not. I've been having, I think, some pretty good matches with some smoke and mirrors and guts. But I don't know, this is going to be a big test. I'm confident that we're going to have a good match. It will definitely be different and, who knows, maybe we'll end up surprising a lot of people and have something really good or you may just see – speaking of Mother Nature – Mother Nature and Father Time kind of do a double team on me that I'll never forget.

Comparing his time in TNA to his last few years in WWE: I swear this isn't a cheap plug because the book won't come out for at least another year – I think it's early fall 2010. But I'm writing about those last couple of years and I think what happens is all it takes is one or two guys to decide that your time is up and that's pretty much it. So when I was at WWE and did that last thing in the ring with Edge and I was fortunate – I wrote about that – I was really fortunate that my last time in the WWE was one of my best times to do that promo and have people that had forgotten and, quite honestly, maybe didn't have the background that a lot of your fans do in watching. They heard that and they were like "wow where did that come from?" And it had been really two years since I had been able to cut a real promo, an honest to goodness, microphone in hand, having a point promo. I had been an announcer and I had been a judge on Raw Idol, little things like that. But it had been so long since I had a chance to do something meaningful and now with TNA I feel I get to do that just about every week and that's one of the things I like to do and my ideas are respected. If I feel like picking up a guitar and singing "Tweak It", I've got the freedom to do that as well. So it has been fun and people have remarked to me, They've said "you've gotta be having fun because no one is that good an actor".

DUKE NUKEM
07-16-2009, 06:32 AM
thanks for the post John