PDA

View Full Version : Mirko Cro Cop Comments On His Deal With UFC

John
07-23-2009, 09:00 AM
We reported last week that after a month of speculation, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (25-6-2 1 NC) signed a 3-fight deal with the UFC. The Croatian born fighter had been flip-flopping over signing with the UFC or DREAM. Cro Cop ended up re-signing with the UFC on July 3rd after receiving an offer he “could not refuse,” delivered to him personally at his home in Zagreb, Croatia by UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta.

"I'm pleased with my return to UFC, the only global MMA organization,” said Filipovic in a recent interview.

The deal comes after much controversy of Filipovic’s involvement with both the UFC and DREAM. The heavyweight fighter signed a one fight deal with the UFC to fight at UFC 99, where he knocked out Mostapha Al-turk in the first round. After the fight, it was announced that Filipovic was scheduled to return to DREAM to face Siala "Mighty Mo" Siliga on July 20 at DREAM.10. That fight never ended up taking place with Cro Cop re-signing with the UFC.

"I'm sorry that UFC and DREAM argued over me. There was a lot of noise over nothing,” Filipovic said of the controversy.

With the controversy behind him, the former law enforcement officer is now preparing to face Junior dos Santos (8-1) at UFC 103 on September 19, 2009.

ShakeSonnen (R-OR)
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Good to see Cro Cop back, would've been better though if he was facing someone better than Dos Santos though, isn't really a big fight IMO