PDA

View Full Version : Ask WNW - Amazing Red, Sting's Future, WWE A Sport?

John
07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
It seems like Amazing Red is destined to fail despite the positive fan reactions he's been receiving. He hasn't gotten any mic time to speak to the fans and has only one clean win out of five singles matches. How do you feel about Red and what do you see in his future?

Amazing Red is a talented worker but his size limits him. He is only 5'6, 145 pounds which makes it harder for him to get over in front of the mainstream audience. The majority of wrestling fans do not know the difference between a good match and a bad match but they judge based on size and appearance. This is why workers such as The Great Khali still have jobs while we that are "smart" on the business would rather see someone such as Brian Kendrick that can work a match.

My question is in regards to Sting and TNA. When I watched Impact last night they announced that at Hard Justice Sting will receive his last TNA World Heavyweight Championship shot, does this mean that Sting is retiring?

Sting has once again given the impression to the TNA office that he is leaving this year after Bound For Glory. Sting only signed a one year extension last year so he will be an upcoming free agent if he doesn't re-sign. With that being said I would read too much into TNA announcing this is his last title shot ever as they are using that to promote the main event.

Do you take pro wrestling seriously and think it should be more in the mainstream like ESPN or other networks showing highlights or results like other sports such as boxing and MMA, or do you just view as a sports/entertainment soap opera?

Obviously I take professional wrestling seriously, even though it is scripted, the talent and work is very real. However, it should not be covered in the mainstream because it is 100% scripted which disqualifies it as a sport. The outcomes of boxing and MMA are legitimate which makes it different than professional wrestling.

How are the IWGP Tag Team Championships able to be defended in TNA Wrestling?

TNA Wrestling has an agreement with New Japan Pro Wrestling that allows their titles to be defended at their shows.

What's the latest on Elijah Burke and TNA?

Elijah Burke recently worked a TNA tryout match but to the best of knowledge was not offered a contract. Burke continues to work on the independent pro wrestling scene.