PDA

View Full Version : New Ratchet To Feature "A Lot More Replay Value"

DA
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM
We're all anxiously awaiting the finalized release date for Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, but in the meantime, any new information is greatly appreciated.

Fans of past installments very much enjoy the experience due to its sheer fun factor, and many gamers simply wish the adventures would last a little longer. For the record, games in this franchise aren't short; they typically last a good 20 hours at a bare minimum, and I have friends who could easily drop in 30 or 40 hours. However, Insomniac still wants to enhance the "replayability" in A Crack in Time. According to PS3Center, Insomniac's Bryan Intihar said:

"It’s hard to talk # of hours when the game is still in development, but I can say that this game will have a lot of replay value in comparison to ToD and Q4B."

Now, this could indicate a longer single-player campaign, but it more likely refers to an online mode or new multiplayer mode of some kind. It's really the only thing missing from this stellar series, although I imagine that most fans certainly care more about the single-player experience in R&C. As of now, A Crack in Time has an estimated launch date of "Fall 2009," but the developers have said we can expect a concrete date some time soon. Here's hoping it arrives ASAP, and we'd certainly like to know more about this added replay value. Stay tuned.
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5544.html