PDA

View Full Version : JR - BBQ, a Black Hat, and Smackdown Ramblings

John
07-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for stopping by and making time for us here on WWE.com. It has been a busy week and we've traveled plenty of miles and seen some interesting sights since we last visited.

Down here in Oklahoma, business at J.R.'s Family BBQ in Norman, Oklahoma is nice and steady. We are open 7 days a week at 11 a.m. and are located on the east side of I-35 at exit 109 which is the Main Street exit in Norman which is just south of Oklahoma City and North of Dallas.

We're also staying a busy fulfilling orders from our on line store on www.jrsbarbq.com where you can pick up Sauces, T Shirts, Caps, J.R.'s Cookbook, Dry Rub, and many more items with several personally autographed. You'll find family friendly prices and we even offer FREE SHIPPING on some specials.

It surprised me that two Smackdown bouts closed the show Sunday in Philly but both bouts seemed to have delivered the goods.

Congrats to Jeff Hardy for winning, as accurately predicted here, the World Title Sunday against C.M. Punk. I thought these two men had a really intense, physical match and on that given night Hardy just seem to want it just a little more. Punk is a very physical competitor and many wrestlers say that Punk's kicks are among the most challenging that they have endured. The Jeff-Punk issue is far from concluded I assure you.

Dolph Ziggler is going to be a future champion without question and he seemed to have left his bout with Rey Mysterio better than when Ziggler entered the IC Title bout. Ziggler teams with Mike "Fort" Knox Friday night on Smackdown on MyNetworkTV against Mysterio and Finlay which turned out to be a really solid, tag team bout.

Mike Knox is another "up and comer" and can be a viable commodity for the Friday night brand with hard work and some good fortune. Men of Knox's size and athleticism can't be replicated or manufactured and Knox's Bruiser Brody like approach to his vocation can become viable in the days ahead.

Honestly, Friday Night Smackdown, starring Todd Grisham, really seems to have the most potential WWE Superstars than any of the three WWE brands. Yes, I am biased.

John Morrison certainly is at or near the top of that list and Morrison's bout Thursday night on WGN America's WWE
Superstars along with his challenge to Jeff Hardy for the World Title feature two outstanding outings from the "Shaman."

Morrison obviously can fly with the best of them but never underestimate Morrison's core strength and, more importantly, John Morrison's physical toughness.

John Morrison will be the World's Champion some day if I know a wrist-lock from a wristwatch of which many would argue.

Cryme Tyme's time seems to be drawing near for the duo to move up in the pecking order. No magic wand can be waved to make any one or any team have success and it all starts with working hard and working smart with a little good fortune thrown in for good measure. JTG and Shad are somewhat unorthodox but their fundamental skills are noticeably improving and the athletic abilities are there without question. The conundrum here is, how much better will they push themselves to become which can be said of any athlete or performer on any stage.

Kellie
07-31-2009, 10:41 AM
http://www.uowforums.com/showthread.php?t=165258