PDA

View Full Version : THQ Wants To Better Market Red Faction: Guerilla

DA
07-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Red Faction: Guerilla has done quite well for itself, selling more than a million copies since it launched back in June. THQ CEO Brian Farrell thinks that they could have done a better job of marketing Red Faction though, saying that he would give the marketing campaign a "B."

"Frankly, I think on the next generation of Red Faction Guerilla we need to do a better job of creating day one demand. That being said, we do like the sales curve that its been exhibiting which shows that quality and word of mouth and downloadable content matters," he said in a financial call to investors (via Videogaming247).

"I'd give us a B on the launch of Red Faction Guerilla. I think we did a good job, but I think we can do a better job with the next generation creating day one demand. As you know we moved the title a couple of times. That doesn't help. I'm very pleased with a lot of the strides we've made recently, but that doesn't mean we can't do some things better."

Going forward, THQ plans to drive future sales of Red Faction with "continued advertising support and new downloadable content." They also hope to "leverage Red Faction Guerilla's outstanding technology platform in the future."

"We look at it as a revenue opportunity, but more importantly what we've learned with DLC is customer retention and customer engagement, primarily to prevent trade in and used games and to keep that brand active with the consumer," Farrell said.

"So when we look at DLC, the revenue, it's not that great. It's good, but we also like the fact that it keeps the customers engaged with our games for a long period of time."

THQ currently has three downloadable content packs planned. The first is titled Demons of the Badlands, and is a single-player focused pack. We praised it in our preview as "a nice chunk of single-player content for the Red Faction Guerilla fan." In the future, THQ plans to follow up with multiplayer and wrecking crew focused packs.