PDA

View Full Version : Heyman linked with TNA role

Black Widow
08-05-2009, 10:24 AM
KEVIN NASH, Jim Cornette and Paul Heyman have been linked with top roles in TNA, after two of Jeff Jarrett's biggest allies were fired.

Dixie Carter's company parted ways with creative member Dutch Mantel and road agent Savio Vega last week, and head booker Vince Russo is also said to be in danger of the axe.

All three are close to Jarrett, who was sent home by TNA boss Carter two weeks ago after details of his secret affair with Kurt Angle's ex-wife Karen were exposed.

Jarrett was responsible for bringing both Mantel and Vega to TNA, so their dismissals are seen as the clearest sign yet that Carter is intent on changing the direction of the company and doing so without the King of the Mountain.

Speculation is mounting that Russo — who has been close to Jeff since their time in WCW — may be replaced with Cornette, Nash, Terry Taylor or even Paul Heyman in the running for his job.

Bryan Alvarez, of Figure Four Weekly, said: "Jarrett is still at home and besides these releases nobody has any idea what is going on.

"Last week Russo was telling people that he was worried about his job, but he did survive the cuts Friday.

"Of course, they couldn't really cut the entire writing staff unless they made a deal with someone else to take over.

"The feeling is that Jeff probably isn't coming back anytime soon and this could be the end for him in the company.

"The name Paul Heyman has been thrown around as someone they may be interested in as head booker along with Kevin Nash."

The Sun

The Olympic Chick
08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
I've heard that Heyman stated he would never work in TNA in one of his blogs.

Kenpachi Zaraki
08-05-2009, 06:10 PM
He aint going there and neither is Russo going. Not enough quality bookers around nuff said.

Y0UR Messiah
08-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Heyman says he wouldn't, but really, if they offered him enough money, I pretty sure he would join TNA.

DUKE NUKEM
08-06-2009, 07:02 AM
good point ^

tapout
08-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Heyman would if given enough POWER. Power not money would be his bait.

Glorious Maxxwell
08-06-2009, 08:28 AM
He aint going there and neither is Russo going. Not enough quality bookers around nuff said.

Obviously.... you really don't know Jim Cornette.... he's probably the most qualified booker in America right now... it would all come down to if he's willing to take the place...

If Corny doesn't get it... I'd like to see Nash given the controls.... cause I don't have much faith in Heyman....

BrunoFlair
08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Obviously.... you really don't know Jim Cornette.... he's probably the most qualified booker in America right now... it would all come down to if he's willing to take the place...

If Corny doesn't get it... I'd like to see Nash given the controls.... cause I don't have much faith in Heyman....

Nash is a terrible choice. He was the one who booked Goldberg to finally lose and that is considered by everybody to be the shot that slowly killed WCW. So that tells me he is not bright enough to be a booker.

Y0UR Messiah
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't blame Nash for Goldberg losing. Goldberg should have lost a long time ago but they kept that streak going and going. If they would have ended it around 100 it would have been perfect, but NOOOOO!

Kage
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Please let it be Heyman!!

DUKE NUKEM
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
^ i hope it is

the madscotsman
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I hope for all our sakes Nash doesn't get the book.

coachthor
08-07-2009, 06:00 PM
you heard it from me