PDA

View Full Version : Holt apologises to Norwich fans

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
08-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Norwich City striker Grant Holt has apologised to the supporters following Saturday's 7-1 thrashing by Colchester.

Holt made his debut as Norwich suffered the worst home defeat in their history.

Holt told BBC Radio Norfolk: "You can understand that people are frustrated when they pay their money, they come and watch and they get that.

"We've got to apologise for what happened, that's fair enough. Hopefully when we come back you'll see a different team."

In the build-up to Saturday's match at Carrow Road, Holt said he thought City should be considered favourites to win League One this season.

But he denied the shock defeat at the hands of their East Anglian rivals was down to complacency.

"I don't think so, it's just one of those days. Everyone has them," he said.

"Obviously we've been done 7-1 but I can't see that happening again.

"We've just got to bounce back now and get on with it. We've got a lot of games coming up to erase it.

"Hopefully by the time we get back home, with a couple of wins under our belt, everyone will have forgotten about it," he added.

City found themselves 4-0 down within 25 minutes of their first game in League One, and Holt admitted they were never close to competing in the match.

"I think we all know if you give away goals like that there's no way of getting back into the game," he said.

"Obviously we're disappointed in the way we went about it, but even more so for everyone who's come here and seen a performance like that."

Norwich's first chance to make amends is away to Yeovil in the Carling Cup on Tuesday.

BBC SPORT