PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Jeff Hardy-wwe Update (spoiler Warning)

Black Widow
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
As noted in last night's spoilers sent in by James King Jeff Hardy was "run out" of World Wrestling Entertainment by World champion CM Punk in a Steel Cage match that will headline Friday's Smackdown.

In his only comment after finishing his WWE tenure, Hardy told twitter followers, "Made it!"

Backstage, Hardy was told by WWE management that he had an open door to come back whenever he wanted and that if the company could help promote any of his outside projects, they'd be happy to plug him into their synergy. Hardy is planning to do musical performances with his band, and also work on a potential reality series. He's told the company he wasn't leaving because he was unhappy, but that he wanted time off of the road and to do things at his own pace.

The feeling among everyone was that it was a matter of when, not if, Hardy would be back in the fold. A lot of wrestlers were comparing his exit to Chris Jericho's several years ago. Jericho went off to work on several acting and musical projects because making his return to the company, ending up in a much more prominent position because of it.

There was a lot of praise on Hardy's last several months as it was felt his work helped bring CM Punk up to a new level where Punk would be seen as a legitimate force going into his next feud against the Undertaker, which is going to be designed to cement Punk's place on the Smackdown side. In a lot of ways, Hardy helped Punk evolve into the most compelling character and the top heel in the company.

PWI

DUKE NUKEM
08-27-2009, 06:48 AM
thanks for this Ryan

LionDen
08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
U don't see Punk as a main force on Smackdown, I don't know why, he just does not seem to have it, maybe I have to give Punk a bit more time but I am sick of him as champ. I also do not see a good competition with him and Undertaker.

I wish they had made the PPV Hardys last night, I liked the way the Undertaker replaced Hardy to come back to the WWE, it seemed supernatural and that is what Undertaker likes to portray.

the madscotsman
08-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Is this a work?

Relapse
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
I personally don't see Punk as a World Champion, he's just more of a Mid Carder to me. US/IC title is what he should be going after in my opinion.

Xan20
08-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't mind Punk as a champion if he's feuding with people like Jericho, Matt, Morrison. Just as long as they stop taking the title off of him and then giving it back. He shouldn't be a 10-time champ by 2011.