PDA

View Full Version : Cancer makes Kylie more compassionate

OMEN
07-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Kylie Minogue says her cancer battle has made her more compassionate.

The diminutive pop star was diagnosed with breast cancer last May and has now explained in a candid TV interview how the terrifying ordeal allowed her to bond with the sick children she meets through her charity work.

She said: "I think I was pretty compassionate before but now I have a much deeper understanding of what it is to have a trial to go through.

"Now when I visit children's hospitals, which I always used to do before, they know that I know."

The Spinning Around singer was given the all clear at the beginning of the year but confessed the gruelling chemotherapy treatment has left her with a "mountain to climb" to get back to full health.

However, the determined star revealed in the exclusive interview - due to be broadcast on satellite channel Sky One on Sunday - that she is busy getting herself back in shape for her renamed Showgirl Homecoming Tour, which resumes in November.

She added: "I have to get on that walking machine and I've never been in this situation before where I have to start from the beginning.

"I don't have the strength, I don't have the stamina. I don't have every thing I took for granted before. So I've got a mountain to climb."

-Bang! Showbiz