PDA

View Full Version : Elijah Burke Talks About His Finisher

John
08-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Wrestling News World reader Shane Howard sent the following:

I just wanted to pass along an interview TNA's Black Pope D'Angelo Dinero did with Hit the Ropes Radio this week. Below are some excerpts from the interview:

Looking for a name for his finisher:

"I got a name that I want to call it, but if I get something better from the fans, you know, the fans being the congregation, then I'll go with that as well."

On why he chose TNA:

"I didn't want to be screwed around. I want to take what was said and I want both sides to be happy, and or thrilled...I want to be someplace where Pope is wanted and Pope can be used to the best of his ability. And at this time, TNA was that shining star for me."

On the Steel Asylum match:

"It's really brutal. My hat's off to all those guys that have done that over the years, because I don't see myself doing that anymore."

On the Veterans in TNA:

"We have our legends. What's cool about those guys is that they don't mind mixing it up with the young guys. They don't mind putting younger talent over. They don't mind working in such a way that cause them to try something different."

On the Backstage Atmosphere in TNA:

"It's a no stress zone environment. No walking on ice."

Backstage Atmosphere at Hard Justice after Kurt Angle's situation:

"Business was business as usual. The atmosphere was great as usual."

He also talks about his displeasure at a certain writer from the UK Sun and how he thought Cryme Tyme would have won the tag titles at SummerSlam.