PDA

View Full Version : Couple with ex-factor brave judges

John
09-04-2009, 06:35 PM
The two 19-year-olds, called Combined Effort, explained that the relationship was called off after a series of rows - and group member Jack was booed by the audience when he said he had dumped his ex-fiancee Kirsty, proceeding to break down in tears in the middle of their rendition of Starship's Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.

"We used to be boyfriend and girlfriend, but we broke up three days ago," Kirsty told the judges Simon Cowell, Dannii Minogue, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh in Cardiff.

"Basically, we weren't really getting on that well, just a lot of stupid arguments about nothing," said her ex, Jack.

"We'd argue about not washing the dishes, or me going out, him going out - all sorts of stupid things. I'm not worried that the break-up will affect our performance, we're just good together. Well, we were."

Jack was rounded on by the audience after being asked by judge Simon Cowell who broke the engagement off.

He replied: "I ended it," and was promptly booed.

Also in the show, 16-year-old student Lloyd from South Wales battled his nerves as he took centre stage. "I am nervous, singing in front of four judges and 2,000 people today," he admitted, "so I just hope it doesn't show in my performance."

Breaking into the Jason Mraz song I'm Yours, Lloyd hit a few bum notes and judge Cheryl Cole stopped the audition.

:: The X Factor airs on ITV1 on Saturday night at 7.35pm, followed by The Xtra Factor at 8.35pm on ITV2.