PDA

View Full Version : Beyonce's weight-loss trick - cereal

OMEN
07-13-2006, 11:05 AM
http://stuff.co.nz/inl/common/imageViewer/0,1445,245779,00.jpg
SNAP, CRACKLE AND POP: Pop star Beyonce has something in common with Kiwi director Peter Jackson - she used cereal to lose weight.
Beyonce Knowles has revealed the secret to her sexy curves is cereal.

The singer-turned-actress says she eats the breakfast treat through the day to stay in shape and to curb hunger pains.

She said: "My big fitness trick is cereal. I love it - granola cereal in particular."

Beyonce discovered the benefits of cereal after being told she had to shed 20 pounds for her role in new movie Dreamgirls.

The film focuses on Beyonce's character Deena Jones, the lead singer of the Dreamettes - a '60s-style group based on Diana Ross and The Supremes.

The Goldmember actress recently admitted she didn't mind losing so much weight because it was the only to way to make her character convincing.

She said: "It was my idea. At the beginning of filming, I was my normal weight.

"I actually gained a little bit, but then I lost 20 pounds - when I went from young Deena to old Deena.

"I wanted it to be something more than just make-up and hair. I wanted to see the change."

The movie - which is based on the award-winning 1981 Broadway musical - is due to be released at the end of the year and is already being tipped for Oscar glory.

-Bang! Showbiz