PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft seeking hosts for Windows launch

John
09-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Microsoft is planning a series of parties around the world to celebrate the launch of Windows 7, and is looking for users to host them. Skip related content

Some computer enthusiasts organise launch parties for software, notably Mozilla users who held Firefox 3 gatherings. Microsoft is trying to mimic this, but the party organisers will get a free version of Windows 7 for their troubles, and the opportunity to win a laptop.

These gatherings can are a way for people who are excited about Windows 7 to bring together their friends, families and acquaintances to see the experience the product, said Brandon Le Blanc on the Windows Experience blog.

They can happen anywhere - at home, in a cafe, at schools, or at other community gathering spots and can be as flexible and creative as you and your circle of people. Im thinking about hosting a Launch Party myself and thinking about where and who to invite to my party when I host it.

Microsoft is planning more than a thousand parties around the world and the company hopes over 10,000 people will attend them between 22-29 October, in 12 countries including the US, UK, Australia, India and China.

In order to be accepted as an official host users must apply and have at least 10 people show up at the launch party. There are four themes to the parties - PhotoPalooza, Media Mania, Setting Up With Ease and Family Friendly Fun.