PDA

View Full Version : R-Truth Interview

Kellie
09-16-2009, 03:30 AM
It doesn't take long to see that R-Truth is a man who loves his job. The Smackdown superstar spoke to SLAM! Wrestling to promote tonight's Smackdown taping in Hamilton, Ontario. He was excited to get rowdy with the Canadian fans who rarely need any encouragement to do just that.

"WWE always brings it man," he told SLAM! Wrestling. "Those fans are gonna be rowdy and excited and amped up, and I guarantee you every WWE superstar will be the same way. It amplifies the intensity and gives an adrenaline rush more than ever. There is nothing like that rush you get from the crowd and you are able to take everything you are feeling and hearing from them into the ring."

R-Truth has a unique character that connects with the audience on an intimate level. He makes his way to the ring through the audience performing his own entrance theme: What's up. The entrance allows fans to get up close and personal and feel part of the show, something that can be difficult in an arena or stadium.

"My character is something that a lot of people would love to have. It gives the fans the opportunity to participate and be involved. A lot of people when they see R-Truth they see themselves. They see a normal guy that was hit by circumstances in life, overcame that, got stuff together and went down the right road. A lot of people can relate to that and my support comes from it."

Support also comes from long-time fans who have followed his career. From 2000-01 he was with the WWF as K-Kwik. After his release in late 2001 he went on to TNA as Ron "The Truth" Killings. His run in TNA included two NWA world championships and a pair of tag team titles, including with NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones.

"People definitely recognize me from the past. I have been doing this for almost 14 years now. First came in and was known to the world as K-Kwik, then became Ron 'The Truth' Killings and now to R-Truth. To be in this business and get what I have gained is an unexplainable feeling," he said. "[The NWA title] is something that makes me thank the business for that opportunity. That is a great honor to have been NWA champion and an African American. I will always be in the history books because of that."

Killing negotiated his release from TNA in January 2008 and made his in-ring return to Smackdown in August of last year defeating Kenny Dykstra.

"It was time for me to come back home. I was ready to excel, I felt that I had grown up, matured and am a grown man now, I was the truth. I was ready to take my craft to a higher level. I weighed my options over there, I was accepted back home and I am here to stomp with the big dogs and I am loving it, I am like a kid in a candy shop. It is different coming back. When I was K-Kwik I was a younger guy, and had no idea of the things I had to do until now in part of knowing the business and being part of it. That includes ring work, locker room work, being on the road, in the public's eye, just knowing the business. I have learned a lot and love the opportunities being back at WWE. I am looking at things in a whole different perspective in being a grown man now."

Killings takes seriously his influence on the business. As one of the few high profile African-American wrestlers being a role model is something that is important to him.
"With this sport it is one that whether black, white, brown or gray it comes from being interested in becoming involved with being a wrestler from a young age. I came in knowing that there weren't many minorities in the business, but the ones that are in the business made waves and inspired me. I have been inspired by blacks in the business as much as I have been whites or Hispanics. I look at the business as one big whole. If I can inspire someone who is black, brown, whatever creed that is what I am here to do."

As a veteran, young wrestlers often come to him for advice. Having connected with the audience with his skill and charisma he is happy to share his secrets to success.

"It is just a part of me, what you see in the ring is how I am 24 hours a day. I tell guys who come to me for advice or my opinion is to get in track with who you really are. The people are in there to be entertained whether they like or dislike the character it has to be seen, known and heard. Once you grasp who your character is you just let it shine man."

R-Truth sees a bright future for himself and other roster members that are the future of the business. He is going to continue to rap and wrestle his way to the top again.

"I work with some of the world's greatest athletes. I never worry about competition, we are all trying to get in where we fit in and make this thing roll and stroll like it's supposed to. I am a big believer in fate and destiny, when it is time it is time. There is nothing or no one that can stop or hold me down. You have what you are supposed to have and it will come at the right time. The sky is the limit for me right now. Mentally, physically and spiritually I am ready for the world and ready to take WWE to the next level."

Source: slam.canoe.ca

A Blissful Ass
09-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Nice interview imo he should of just stayed in TNA