PDA

View Full Version : Button to Order Pizza Added...

DA
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
In addition to today's minor PlayStation 3 firmware update, Sony also pushed out a new feature that's sure to spark the interest of pizza lovers everywhere; PS3 owners can now order Papa John's pizza directly from the comfort of their game console.
Sure, the ability to visit and place orders on the Papa John's website -- or practically any other site, for that matter -- has been an option with the PS3's web browser from the start, but now the pizza delivery service should be easier to access than ever before. It's being promoted on the browser's main startup page, with a Papa John's button wedged snugly between the links to YouTube and the promo site for that atrocious-looking GAMER movie -- oddly enough, the site for which doesn't appear to even support the PS3 browser at the moment.

The Papa John's button leads to a PlayStation-specific version of their website, which you can view right here. It features a slightly different layout and ads for games like PixelJunk Shooter and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, but other than that seems to be pretty much the same as the vanilla Papa John's page when it comes to pricing and the products available for order.

It's not quite as strange as EverQuest 2's infamous /pizza promotion, but having a pizza delivery just a few Dual Shock button presses away is still a bit surreal. Anybody else feeling nostalgic for the days when you had to make the mistake of playing Yo! Noid before being exposed to pizza advertising on your game console?

lol nice, I'll order while playing

BigJimSlate
09-26-2009, 03:51 AM
What will they think of next. Thanks for the info.

Slayer_X
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
wow

legolas4792
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
this is the best thing....EVER!

flamesoffury
09-28-2009, 07:09 PM
lmao thats awesome. i cant wait to see this on my ps3 when i get home.