PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Indy News...Reports..

OMEN
07-14-2006, 12:22 PM
MIDWEEK NEWS & NOTES

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has now announced 22 of the 24 wrestlers, and all the first-round matches, for the “Battle of Los Angeles” tournament in early September. Check out http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/BOLA2006 to see all the brackets. Recently announced names for this tournament include Delirious, Matt Sydal, Roderick Strong, the Briscoes, Chris Sabin, Frankie Kazarian and Colt Cabana. The tournament will happen Sept. 1-3.

Just last week, I was complaining that PWG was FOUR months behind in releasing some shows onto DVD. PWG announced this week that “Hollywood Globetrotters” (March 4) and “Beyond the Thunderdome” (March 18, featuring A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. Davey Richards & Super Dragon) are now for sale.

Jerry Lynn will face Arik Cannon in a first-ever meeting on Sept. 2 for NIW in Amery, Wis. Check out www.niwwrestling.com for info. And speaking of Lynn, he will be facing Tyler Black this Saturday in AAW in the Chicago area. Check out www.aawrestling.com for details.

2 Cold Scorpio returns to Pro Wrestling Unplugged on July 22 in Philadelphia, Penn. I have posted the full lineup for that show below, and you can learn more at www.prowrestlingunplugged.com.

Congratulations to Allison Danger, who is spending this week in Japan competing for ZERO1-MAX.

Speaking of Japan, Matt Sydal will return to the United States on July 20. He updated his schedule on his Myspace blog, saying his first show back will be an ECW Arena show on July 21.

Delirious will head to Mad Pro Wrestling on July 22 in Chillicothe, Ohio.

Former WWE wrestler “Hearthrob” Antonio Thomas heads to New England Championship Wrestling this Saturday. Visit www.NECWwrestling.com for all the info.

Speaking of former WWE wrestlers, Zach Gowen competed Sunday for Xtreme Intense Championship Wrestling in Warren, Mich. Those results are below. ROH star Jimmy Jacobs also was on the show.

And another former WWE superstar, Nora “Molly Holly” Greenwald is heading to 3XW in suburban Des Moines this Saturday. Visit www.3xwrestling.com for details.

NWA Cyberspace/Shockwave, slated for July 22, has been pulled from the schedule. The Website has not been updated, and no dates are listed anymore.

It’s not ‘fake,’ revisited: Top Pittsburgh area wrestler Sterling James Keenan made his surprise return to IWC on Friday, only to be injured in the opening moments of the match. Here is what he wrote about his situation on his Livejournal: I was in the ring, literally maybe 10 seconds, throwing punches at my opponents, when POP! Next thing I knew, I was curled up in a ball, feeling like my leg just snapped in two. My first instinct was to get up, but I couldn't. I couldn't stand, and the pain I felt was probably the worst of my life. I squeezed my knee, and I actually popped it back into place. It was disgusting and scary all at once. I rolled out of the ring, hoping the pain would subside enough to finish the match, but it just wasn't happening. It was just one of those freak accidents that can happen at any time in the ring. I turned, but my foot stayed in place.

Here I was, one minute, remembering exactly why I love this business, and the next, wondering just how long it would be until I could do what I love again. The doctor checked me out in the back and told me that I tore my MCL. The good news is, it can be healed with just rest. The bad news, is that it will take at least 6 weeks before I'm good to go. The SJK news is, that I'm a f*cking warrior, and I've got WWE work coming up, and two trips to England and you better believe I'll be there.

That said, I'm going to be missing a few bookings, only two or three over the next couple of weeks, to let myself heal as much as possible.

It’s not ‘fake,’ once more: Arik Cannon also updated his livejournal, where he talked about some injuries he sustained in the finals of the Chikara Young Lions Cup: Cheech also makes his way to the finals. We beat each other up. My ears get all jacked up, and I bleed from them. Ouch. Cheech knees me in the face/chest a lot. It hurts. I was concussed. I burned his hammer and pinned him after the Burning Hammer. I look forward to seeing this match. I am/was real pleased with how things went, and not just because I won either.

Future DVD reviews: I will hopefully get reviews of the 4/28 & 4/29 ROH shows from Ohio posted in the next few days! After that, I hope to have time to watch & review the TNA Samoa Joe DVD. I’m trying to catch up on a few other shows I have lying around, too!

And you can always reach me with your indy results at chrisjvetter@hotmail.com. I request that you remember to say date, location (including building, city & state!), and full name of the promotion.

WEEKEND RESULTS

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, July 7, Galax, Va.: Mikael Yamaha defeats Tommy Gunn, Amber O'Neal defeats G-Star, The Patriot defeats The Jackal, Lex Luger defeats The Russian Assassin, Buff Bagwell defeats Rikki Nelson.

Millineum Wrestling Federation, July 8, Brookford, N.C.: Chris Solar defeats The Masked Menace, Pitt defeats Mike Levy, Jacobe Stone defeats AG Smooth, Tha Sycho Supastar defeats Mike Angel, The Perfect Team & Timothy Longbottom defeat Tha Ruff Ryders & Jason Dentino, Hojo Devlin defeats Brandon Powers.

World Class Extreme Wrestling, July 8, Hamlet, N.C.: Slick defeats Cletus Bass, Xavier Rush defeats Kracker and Brice Anthony and Neil Nitro, Kendra defeats Ms. TNT, Ali Steele & Tyrone Knox defeat Valek & Steve Michaels, Tre G defeats Andy, Ace Crusader defeats Josh Hunter, Big Law Man defeats Aaron Devil, Ali Steele & Tyrone Knox won 20-man battle royal to claim WCEW tag titles.

CWF Mid-Atlantic, July 8, Burlington, N.C.: Joey Sylvia and Rob McBride won a 20-man battle royal, Solomon Spades defeats Ultra Dragon, Donnie Dollar$ & Amber O'Neal defeat Matty Dee & Roy Wilkins, Michael McAllister vs. Brad Attitude went to a draw, Garry Stevens & Mitch Connors defeat Julius Augustus & Marcellius King, Rob McBride defeats Joey Sylvia.

NWA Virginia, July 8, Chester, VA, Brandon Day defeats Jeff Early, PHARAOH & Lazarus defeat Big Tony & Tommy Smallz, Mike Vaughn defeats Grail, Alexx Sage defeats Sage Hilton, Platinum Icons defeats Old School Empire, Damien Wayne defeats Chris Dramin in a ladder match, Sean Denny defeats Damien Wayne.

NWA Virginia, July 9, Roanoke, Va., Mike Vaughn defeats Lazarus, Alexx Sage vs. Gregory Vercetti fought to a double countout, BEEF & Derek Billings defeat Ravage Lee & Scotty Rocker, Chris Dramin defeats Damien Wayne, Scotty Blaze defeats Brandon Day in a no-DQ Bundy five count match, $outh$ide Playaz defeat United Nations of Devastation by DQ.

Xtreme Intense Championship Wrestling, July 9, Warren, Mich.: Dyson Pryce defeats Whiplash, Jeff Brooks & Jason Harris defeat Big Chuck Wagon in a handicap match, Levi Blue defeats Kamikaze, The Gameboy fought JJ Carson to a no-contest, Zach Gowen defeats Gutter, Eddie Venom defeats Klunk The Clown, "The Old Timer" Jeff King defeats Izzy High, XICW Tag Champions Truth Martini & Jaimy Coxxx defeat Vinnie and Sonny Scarboni, XICW Champion The DBA defeats Jimmy Jacobs, Conrad Kennedy III defeats Midwest Champion N8 Mattson to win the title.

UPCOMING SHOWS

IWA-Mid South, July 14, Plainfield, Ind., Capitol Sports Center, with Low Ki vs. Josh Abercrombie, Toby Klein vs. Bull Pain, Deranged vs. Brain Damage, Brandon Thomaselli vs. Ruckus, Blue Meanie vs. Tracy Smothers.

AWA-Brew City Wrestling, July 14, Big Bend, Wis., with Dysfunction vs. Steve Stone, Ricky Landell vs. Dinn T. Moore, Xavier Mustafa vs. Mason Quinn, Scotty Pryde vs. TC Washington, Angel Armani vs. Chris Black, Silas Young vs. Tony Denucci.

MWA, July 14, Carter Lake, Iowa, the Chez Paree Social Hall, with Arik Cannon in action.

Insane Wrestling Federation, July 14, Detroit, Mich., the American Serbian Hall, 8 p.m., with Colt Cabana vs. Chris Hero, Claudio Castognoli vs. Mana, Drew Johnson & Poison Apollo vs. the Midwest Mafia vs. Sal & Vito Thomaselli, Larry Sweeney vs. Zach Gowen, Jimmy Jacobs vs. Eddie Kingston, plus Necro Buttcher, Raymond Rowe, Adam Flash and DJ Hyde.

Southern Atlantic Wrestling, July 14, Roanoke Rapids, N.C., Kirkwood Adams Community Center, Gluteus Maximus vs. Timber, and matches with Rex Sterling, Attitude Inc., Diego DeLarosa, Lord Everett DeVore, Chris Dramin.

Ring of Honor, July 15, Philadelphia, Penn., the armory, with American Dragon vs. Sonjay Dutt, A.J. Styles vs. Davey Richards, CZW vs. ROH in a 10-man “Cage of Death,” Roderick Strong vs. Nigel McGuinness, Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Irish Airborne, Jimmy Rave a mystery partner vs. Colt Cabana & Jay Fury, plus Delirious in action.

IWA-Mid South, July 15, Midlothian, Ill., the Don Preston Rec Center, Blue Meanie vs. Larry Sweeney, Toby Klein vs. Brain Damage/Deranged winner, Iron Saints vs. Eddie Kingston & American Kickboxer, Josh Abercrombie vs. Chuck Taylor, Ricochet vs. Ruckus, Shiima Xion vs. Brandon Thomaselli.

New England Championship Wrestling, July 15, Framingham, Mass., the Civic League, 7:30 p.m., with D.C. Dillinger vs. Hearthrob Antonio Thomas, Evan Siks vs. J Busta, John Walters vs. Kofi Nahaje Kingston, Nikki Roxx vs. Della Morte.

AAW, July 15, Berwyn, Ill., the Eagles Club, 7:30 p.m., with Jerry Lynn vs. Tyler Black, Silas Young vs. Jason Dukes in a street fight, Chandler McClure vs. Bryce Benjamin (former partners collide!)

World 1 Wrestling, July 15, Philadelphia, Penn., New Foundation Charter School.

NWA Central States Wrestling, July 15, Lawrence, Kan., 7:05 p.m., with Mark Sterling vs. Tyler Cook, Jeremy Wyatt & Wade Chism vs. Michael Strider & Pink Phantom, Mason Hunter vs. Dingo, Jaysin Strife vs. Tony Morales vs. Paul Diamond, Hype Gotti vs. Darrien Sanders, Brett Young vs. Derek Stone.

2CW, July 15, Syracuse, N.Y., the Oncenter Convention Center, with Matt “Brother Runt” Hyson, the James Gang, 2 Cold Scorpio, Tony Atlas, Slyck Wagner Brown, Zachary Springate III, Isys Ephex, Gordy, JD Love, Johnny Law, Violet Flame, Strangler Steve King.

3XW, July 15, Waukee, Iowa, the middle school, with Nora “Molly Holly” Greenwald in attendance, plus Tony Scarpone & Cousin Mikey vs. Brian Ash & Gage Octane, Devin Carter & Casanova vs. Ben Sailer & Nate Bash, Matty Fitness vs. Chance Cordova, Arik Cannon vs. Austin Bayliss, and matches with Tony Sly, Vin Cross, Buck Albright, Ryan Cruz, Darin Corbin.

NIW, July 15, New Hope, Minn., free outdoor show, 2 p.m.

Xero Underground, July 15, Washington, DC, Thurgood Marshall Center, Osirus vs. Chris Nightmare, Jason Pharo vs. White Lotus, Tommy Force vs. Chance Prophet, S1 vs. Shane Falco, Alex Lunar vs. DJ Greene. Also, RAGE promotion six way with Crazii Shea, The Fan, Iron Cross, Kid Styles and two TBA wrestlers.

NWA Virginia, July 15, Mathews, Va., Pianktiank Ruritan Club, Preston Quinn & Mike Booth vs. Phil Brown & Dirty Money. Also matches with Sean Denny, Grail, Scotty Blaze, Chris Dramin, Hall Brothers, United Nations of Devastation, Attitude Inc., Thrills & Chills.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, July 16, Los Angeles, Calif., “Three Year Anniversary,” with B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan, in a cage match, Scorpio Sky & Chris Bosh & Scott Lost vs. Kevin Steen & Human Tornado & Davey Richards, the Briscoes vs. Claudio Castognoli & Chris Hero, Roderick Strong vs. TJ “Puma” Perkins, El Generico & Quicksilver vs. Nemesis & Disco Machine, Colt Cabana vs. Top Gun Talwar.

World-1 Wrestling, July 16, Pottstown, Penn.

Unnamed promotion, July 16, Tilleda, Wis., the community hall.

Vanguard Championship Wrestling, July 16, Hampton, Va., the Mercury Entertainment Center, with Phil Brown vs. TBA, Hall Brothers vs. Revelations, Steve O vs. an international wrestler, plus matches with Dirty Money, Sean Denny, Preston Quinn, Damien Wayne.

AWA Summer Clash, July 17, Rochester, Minn., with Krazy K, Ricky Landell, Aaron Aguilera, Baron Von Raschke and Sheik Adnon Al-Kassie.

MBA (Combat Zone Wrestling affiliation), July 19, Philadelphia, Penn. New Alhambra/former ECW Arena.

Dragon Gate IMPACT, July 21, Philadelphia, Penn., New Alhambra/former ECW Arena, with CIMA, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal.

ECWA, July 21, Newark, Del., the Greater Newark Boys’ & Girls’ Club, ** special 3 p.m. start, with Freak Nastty, Mega, the Chick Magnets, Scotty Charisma, Tony Kozina, Davey Richards, Mr. Ooh La La and Billy Bax.

AWA Power Pro Wrestling, July 21, Hendersonville, N.C., with Ric Converse vs. Ken Magnum, Jake Manning & Bobby Houston vs. Krazy K Kirby Mack & TJ Mack, Manslaughter vs. Jimbo Fox, Derek Rave vs. Steven Walters.

CWF Mid-Atlantic/High Velocity Wrestling, July 21, Hendersonville, N.C., with matches featuring Jeff Hardy, Krazy K, Ultra Dragon, Tony Kozina, TJ Mack (Dexter Poindexter), Bobby Houston, Jake Manning, Scottie Wrenn, Ken Mangrum.

Chikara Pro, July 22, Hellertown, Penn., with Icarus vs. Jigsaw in a mask vs. hair match, Chris Hero vs. Shane Storm, Eddie Kingston vs. Larry Sweeney, Lance Steel vs. Lance Steel.

Maryland Championship Wrestling, July 22, Odenton, Md., with Christian Cage, Monty Brown and Sonjay Dutt in action.

Mad Pro Wrestling, July 22, Chillicothe, Ohio, featuring Delirious in action.

Pro Wrestling Unplugged, July 22, Philadelphia, Penn., New Alhambra/ECW Arena, 7:30 p.m., with 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Devon Moore, Ian Rotten vs. Corp. Robinson, All Money is Legal vs. the Maximos, The Kash Krew vs. Trent Acid & Pete Hunter, Gary Wolf vs. Z-Barr, Sumie Sakai & Megumi Yabushita vs. Mercedes Martinez & Mickie Knuckles, Nick Berk vs. Johnny Kashmer, Aramis vs. KJ Hellfire.

New England Championship Wrestling, July 22, Quincy, Mass., the armory.

ECWA, July 22, Newark, Del., the Greater Newark Boys’ & Girls’ Club.

NWA Wisconsin, July 22, Oshkosh, Wis., Disco Inferno vs. Dinn T. Moore, Jack Berzerker vs. Mikey McCoy, Silas Young vs. Steve Stone vs. Dysfunction.

Revolutionary Championship Wrestling, July 22, Jackson, Ohio, the Jackson Memorial Building, 7:30 p.m., with Demolition Axe & Maxx Power vs. Judas Thorn & Ricochet, Projekt Ego vs. Nikki Tyler & Flash Flury, and matches with Mad Man Pondo, Ace Gigolo, Tank Runyon, JD Santos, Randy Allen.

South Atlantic Wrestling, July 22, Hopewell, Va., the community center, 1 p.m. bell, with Alexx Sage vs. PHARAOH, Grail vs. Jeff Early, Hall Brothers vs. El Sucio & Kamikaze Kid.

Southern Pro Wrestling, July 22, Ahoskie, Va., the armory, with Damien Wayne, Gluteus Maximus, Timber, Joey Sylvia, Brandon Day, Rex Sterling.

Pro Wrestling World 1, July 23, Gainesville, Fla.

Action Zone Wrestling, July 24, Waipahu, Hawaii, the FilCom Center, with Pure Lock vs. The Backyard Dog, Makoa Ali’I vs. Johnny Kealoha.

Midwest Pro Wrestling, July 25, Minneapolis, Minn., First Avenue night club.

Ring of Honor, July 28, Dayton, Ohio, the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, with B.J. Whitmer vs. Necro Butcher in a no ropes, barbed wire match, Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Roderick Strong & Jack Evans, Christopher Daniels vs. Matt Sydal.

New England Championship Wrestling, July 28, Greenfield, Mass., Indoor Sports Action.

Ring of Honor, July 29, Cleveland, Ohio, the Cleveland Grays Armory, with Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness, Christian Cage vs. Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries & Roderick Strong & Jack Evans & Matt Sydal vs. Davey Richards & Jerrelle Clark & Irish Airborne.

Combat Zone Wrestling, July 29, Smyrna, Del., “Ultra-violent Tournament of Death.”

Jersey All Pro, July 29, Aberdeen, N.J., the Tab Ramos Sports Complex, 8 p.m., with Human Tornado vs. B-Boy.

Ground Zero Wrestling, July 29, Lodi, Calif., the American Legion Hall.

River City Wrestling, July 29, San Antonio, Texas, Hope of Glory Church, 7 p.m.

New England Championship Wrestling, July 29, Salisbury, Mass., the Boys & Girls Club.

Eastern Wrestling Alliance, July 29, Essex, Md., the arena, with Eagle vs. Mr. E Machine, Goldthumb vs. Chris Nightmare, Buster Maccabi vs. Apollo Cruz.

World 1 Wrestling July 30, Boyertown, Penn., the Pheasantland Rollerdome.

Mercury 1 Wrestling, Aug. 4, Green Bay, Wis.

Ring of Honor, Aug. 4, Long Island, N.Y., the Sports Plus Entertainment Center, with Samoa Joe vs. A.J. Styles, KENTA & Davey Richards vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe, Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. The Embassy vs. B.J. Whitmer & Adam Pearce vs. the Rottweilers in an ultimate endurance match.

Ring of Honor, Aug. 5, Edison, N.J., the Inman Sports Club, with Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe, KENTA vs. Davey Richards, Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Sydal & Jack Evans vs. Irish Airborne in an ultimate endurance match.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, Aug. 5, Los Angeles, Calif.

International Wrestling Cartel, Aug. 5, Elizabeth, Penn., with A.J. Styles vs. Christian Cage, plus matches with Abyss, Delirious.

IWA-Mid South, Aug. 5, Streamwood, Ill., the Rec Center, for “Lethal Lottery.”

Northern Impact Wrestling, Aug. 5, Amery, Wis., the North Star Event Center, 7:30 p.m.

W.A.R. Wrestling, Aug. 5, Lima, Ohio, the high school, 7:30 p.m., with Buff Bagwell in action, Apollo Starr & Drew Johnson, Stamp Lickage & Dexter Dementia, Danny Daniels, Truth Martini, N8 Mattson, Eddie Venom, Cody Deaner, Steve Stone, Matt Mason, Tyler “Gutter” Hollister.

Universal Championship Wrestling, Aug. 5, Madisonville, Kent., the armory.

River City Wrestling, Aug. 5, San Antonio, Texas, Tiffany’s Billiards and Sports Bar, 7:30 p.m.

IWA-Mid South, Aug. 11, Midlothian, Ill., “Simply the Best 7,” with Low Ki vs. 2 Cold Scorpio.

Ring of Honor, Aug. 12, Liverpool, England, with Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe, Colt Cabana vs. Matt Sydal vs. Jonny Storm vs. Spud, Jimmy Rave vs. Davey Richards, B.J. Whitmer vs. Claudio Castognoli, Doug Williams & Jody Fleisch vs. Team NOAH, Chad Collyer vs. Robbie Brookside.

IWA-Mid South, Aug. 12, Plainfield, Ind.

New England Championship Wrestling, Aug. 12, Framingham, Mass., the Civic League.

Combat Zone Wrestling, Aug. 12, Philadelphia, Penn.

AAW, Aug. 12, Berwyn, Ill., the Eagles Club.

Ring of Honor, Aug. 13, Broxbourne, UK, the Civic Hall, with Aries/Strong vs. Briscoes winner (from 8/12) vs. Williams/Fleisch vs. Team NOAH winner (also from 8/12), and matches with Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana, Claudio Castognoli, B.J. Whitmer, Matt Sydal, Davey Richards, Nigel McGuinness.

World Women’s Wrestling, Aug. 13, Somerville, Mass. The Good Time Emporium.

PWTorch