PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Speaks Out About Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Retirement

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
It didn't take UFC President Dana White long to respond to yesterday's surprising announcement by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson that he was retiring to pursue his acting career. White told Carmichael Dave that he was disappointed with Rampage for acting like a baby, but wishes him luck.

"Rampage is a grown man," White told Carmichael Dave. "He's acting like a baby right now, but he's a grown man. If he wants to be in the movie business, Rampage, good luck to you, man. I hope he makes it big, and I'm not being sarcastic. I hope the movie thing works out for him. If that's what he truly wants to do, and that's what he feels and that's what he thinks his career is, I wish him all the luck in the world."

White also noted that he didn't receive any advance warning about the announcement from Rampage, whom he bailed out of jail in 2008 for $25,000, but admitted that Rampage was a friend.

"I just found out, too," White said. "Rampage has been a friend of ours. We really like Rampage. I'm not going to get into the battle of who's done what for who and all that stuff. We've done a lot for him and yes, he's been there and fought. The guys who come in here, they're fighters. That's what they do. We give them fights and they fight. And they make money and we make money. That's the way it works."

Rampage noted in his statement that he was upset with comments that White had made about his movie career, even stating that White's comments may prevent him from getting other acting offers.

"Dana and I finally talked and we made up, and then after that he went back on the internet and said some bullshit and he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released, and talking about payments which is not even true [that] could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career," Rampage wrote.

"I got so pissed off," White rebuked. "I'm speaking my mind, he thinks I'm trying to ruin his movie career."

White didn't dispute most of Rampage's statement (full statement) except for his claim that he was pressured into fighting Rashad Evans instead of UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida. However, he noted that Rampage was "a grown man" and "can do whatever he wants to do."

F.L

That Rob
09-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Dana White needs to grow the fuck up. He was pretty much bullying Rampage into not doing the movie, was on the internet talking shit about Jackson and the movie and has the the balls to say Rampage is acting like the baby?

Punisher
09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Exactly, love Dana White as a promotoer. He knows how to market better than anyone else in the world. The fact is that whenever he doesnt get his way he bitches and moans about it.

Before The Beginning
09-24-2009, 06:20 AM
I don't like Dana White, he may be a decent promoter, but he sure likes to take shots at a lot of fighters who have brought him in lots of money. Sure, he has made them money also, but its nowhere close to what I'm sure he brings in @ the gate/merchandise.
Rampage should do what makes him and his family happy, f*** what Dana says.