PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Wants Fight With Brock Lesnar Or Frank Mir

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is not looking to rest after his impressive victory over Randy Couture at UFC 102 last month. The former PRIDE heavyweight champion has his sights set on UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and the man who defeated him for the UFC interim heavyweight championship, Frank Mir.

"I want Brock Lesnar for sure," Nogueira told FanHouse.. "I want to fight him. But I would fight Frank Mir also. That's my second choice."

Nogueira had suffered a one-sided defeat to Mir last December, however was suffering from a staph infection and knee injury in the weeks prior to the fight. Nogueira kept quiet about his injuries, and many felt that "Big Nog's" career may be reaching an end after the loss.

"For those people, I feel sorry I had to shut their mouths," he said. "I heard some bullshit radio people say that Nogueira is done, that he's an old guy. Those people have never been athletes and they don't how it is to be one. I hurt my knee and had to train so I didn't want to make it more serious. I fought hurt, and then people talk shit? I feel sorry for them."

While Nogueira is ready for both Mir and Lesnar, he would have to wait until next year for either fight. Lesnar will be defending his title at UFC 106 in November, while Mir will be facing Cheick Kongo at UFC 107 in December. However, Nogueira noted that he is healthy and ready to fight soon.

"I'm keeping my diet and staying in shape," he said. "I want to fight soon. I didn't have any serious injuries after the fight, and I feel good."

F.L

Before The Beginning
09-25-2009, 07:07 AM
I dont know about him vs Lesnar but I wouldn't mind seeing a healthy Nogueira fight Mir again.