PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes Has No Interest In Fighting Josh Koscheck

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Despite being publicly challenged by welterweight Josh Koscheck after Koscheck's first round TKO victory over Frank Trigg at UFC 103, Matt Hughes has no interest in fighting the former Ultimate Fighter contestant.

"I know there's a guy who just signed a new contract, and his name is Matt Hughes," Koscheck stated in his UFC 103 post-fight interview. "I've been asking for that one for a long time, but I'll fight anyone, anytime, anyplace."

Hughes was surprised by Koscheck's challenge, especially since he in no longer the UFC welterweight champion.

"I find Koscheck calling me out kind of interesting and I actually don’t know why he is doing that," Matt Hughes recently wrote on his blog. "I was used to kids doing this when I was the champ, but as you know, I don’t have the belt now and I’m puzzled as to why Koscheck wants to fight me and not the champion in the weight class. I have no interest in fighting Koscheck and, as he was showing everybody, he’s just a kid. As of yet, the UFC has never come to me and asked me to fight him."

While there have been some reports that have suggested that Hughes is ducking Koscheck, part of Hughes' apprehension to fight Koscheck may come from a 2007 interview with Kevin Iole, where Koscheck stated that the reason Hughes lost to Georges St-Pierre was because Hughes "is slow, he’s a farm boy and he’s white."

Koscheck went on to further deride Hughes, saying that he "has no speed and no athletic ability."

In the meantime, Hughes is expected to return to the Octagon in early 2010. He last fought at UFC 98 last May, where he defeated long-time rival Matt Serra via unanimous decision.

F.L

Before The Beginning
09-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Josh Koscheck is a hell of a fighter, who cares if he (Hughes) doesnt have the belt.
I'd love to see that fight. I think it would be a great fight.

aoessand
09-25-2009, 08:40 AM
imo huges just doesnt wanna get knocked the fuck out