PDA

View Full Version : Mirko Cro Cop Reconsiders Retirement, Will Fulfill Remainder Of His UFC Contract

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Following his lackluster performance at UFC 103 against Junior Dos Santos, we reported that Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic’s 15 year-career in mixed-martial arts may be coming to an end, as he told The Sun that he doesn't "feel the hunger anymore.”

“I have started playing it safe, I’m not prepared to take risks" Cro Cop noted. "Obviously, I can’t break my mental block in the Octagon."

Cro Cop seems to have made his decision about his future, as the Croatian newspaper Slobodna Dalmacija is reporting that the 35 year-old fighter will continue to fight in the UFC.

“Its hard for me to decide now but I think that I will do these last two fights for UFC," he stated. "This [fighting] thing is stronger than me. Sometimes the mind says yes but the heart says no.”

Cro Cop also addressed the reports that he would be retiring.

“The day I say I won’t do it anymore I'll stick to my word," he said. "But I still haven’t said that and I haven’t decided that this is the end. I know I must rest well and decide.”

F.L