PDA

View Full Version : Council wowsers dash Dasher's happiness

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-30-2009, 11:11 AM
FOR the past 10 years, Dasher the kelpie cross has touched the hearts of Surry Hills residents as he sits at the front of his owner's house.

But now a "depressed" Dasher is locked inside after a City of Sydney Council ultimatum to keep him on a leash or risk being impounded.

"Someone from the council came to the door saying they had received a complaint about Dasher being on the street without a lead," owner Jean-Marie Thomas said.

"She said if he continues to sit outside I will get fined and after two fines, on the third occasion he will be impounded.

"So now I am keeping him inside and he is so bored and sad. He has dog depression. I had to put up a sign explaining where he has gone."

Local residents are outraged the community pet has been taken away.

"Dasher is part of the neighbourhood," resident Gary Corsbie said. "He's as much a part of it as the parks or the Clock Hotel." .

Ms Thomas has started a petition backing Dasher that she plans to lodge with Lord Mayor Clover Moore. "In the first two hours of putting it up there were two pages of signatures," Ms Thomas said.

A City of Sydney Council spokesman said rangers were called after a complaint of Dasher being unleashed on public property.

scorpionf
10-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Obviously Dasher is harmless.... And nothing would happen to him if the other residents keep an eye on him.

I'll bet the idiot who made the complaint is from out of town and lives nowhere near where Dasher does....