PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Says Anderson Silva Is Two Fights Away From Cleaning Out His Division

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Well, most people thought that UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva did it a while ago, but UFC President Dana White believes that the gifted striker is still two fights away from waxing the 185-pound division completely clean.

“He’s probably two fights away from literally emptying out the middleweight division,” White said of his prized employee. “But that’s great. I think in my opinion, that’s what makes fighters great. When there’s not another guy standing where people go, ‘What about him? He might win.’ When they’re all gone, then the guy moves up to the next weight class and does the same thing. I think that’s what makes guys legendary, fighters that people remember forever.”

Since emerging on the Octagon scene back in June 2006 when he highlight-reeled Chris Leben into unconsciousness, Silva has won ten consecutive bouts. It’s gotten so bad that the Brazilian looked disenchanted, if not completely bored, as he collected his last few victories.

Nonetheless, that resume doesn’t appear to be enough to satisfy White. The flamboyant President claims that if Silva can roll past Vitor Belfort at UFC 108, he would still have one final middleweight opponent to beat before he can claim the entire division as his very own.

“I wouldn’t want to see [Silva] vacate the title until everybody’s gone,” White said. “I’ll give you an example. Let’s say Vitor (Belfort) comes in, and Vitor has to fight Dan Henderson and (Nate) Marquardt, and he goes right in and knocks both of them out in the first round. Anderson vacated the title, and people go, ‘Oh, Vitor would have beat him.’ You annihilate everybody. You don’t leave a guy standing in the division, and then you move.”

Silva will reportedly face Belfort at UFC 108 on January 2, 2010 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

F.L

legolas4792
09-30-2009, 11:22 PM
so marquardt henderson and belfort are the last contenders to teh belt it seems

Pumphrey94
10-02-2009, 03:30 AM
silva will kill any of them so it doesnt matter he goes first just get in line

Punisher
10-07-2009, 12:59 AM
so marquardt henderson and belfort are the last contenders to teh belt it seems

He beat Nate, and Hendo but Hendo deserves another go at it. I think that it is really 3 or 4 more. There is Maia, Hendo again, Bisping if he can boucne back, and Belfort