PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw House Show Results (10/16/09) - Huntsville, Alabama

John
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Wrestling News World reader got2entertain sent in the following report:

Just got home from a good house show in Huntsville, AL. Wanted to share the highlights:

Match 1: Santino Marella beat Chris Masters with a small package. Before the match, Santino got on the mic to tell us a story, "When I was a little boy in Italy, I used to do magic. The only problem was, I couldn't say abacabada (abracadabra) so I use to say Alabama instead. True story! Now, as for you, Chris Masterson, you big gorilla, I must warn you, I am a black belt in my own form of martial arts. I call them Marella Martial Arts. So I, the only mma fighter, will now beat up this gorilla."

Santino was ridiculously over, and had the crowd laughing the whole time.

Match 2: Evan Bourne beat Heath Slater with the Air Bourne Shooting Star Press. Before Bourne's intro, Heath was given some mic time to introduce himself, and did a very good job getting heat out of a very uninterested crowd.

Match 3: Jack Swagger beat Primo with the gutwrench power bomb (it outta be called the Swagger Slam). The winner of this match got to be in a triple threat match for the U.S. Championship later in the night.

Match 4: Melina beat Jillian Hall with her split legged Scorpion Death Drop (seriously, does her finisher have a name?). Pretty basic match from these two, funny part came when Melina did her entrance. When she hit the splits there was an audible OOOOOHH from all the men in the arena.

Intermission: Justin Roberts had a couple of kids come in the ring and help throw out t-shirts.

Match 5: Hornswoggle beat Chavo Guerrero with the tadpole splash. Chavo was forced to wrestle in a blindfold. I will not cover any highlights, I spent most of the match feeling sorry for Chavo.

Match 6: Miz beat Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger to retain. Miz did a short promo before the match and had hellacious heat. End came with Kofi hitting Trouble in Paradise on Jack, then turning right into the Skull Crushing Finale.

Match 7: HHH/John Cena beat Legacy. Started out as Cena vs Orton for the title. Orton had control for about 5 minutes, then John countered into the STFU. Legacy ran out, attacked John, HHH made the save, challenged them to a 3 on 2 handicap match "so it'll be a fair fight for you guys." Legacy/Orton were red hot the whole time, until Cena made the hot tag and went to town! Ending saw Orton walk away as Cena hit the AA on DiBiase and HHH gave Cody the pedigree.

A very fun, albeit predictable night! Far and away it was a Cena crowd...I had some little kids giving me some mighty UN-PG "go to hell" looks when I tried to start an Orton chant. Most heat of the night was tied with Legacy's beat down of Cena between matches and Miz's promo. Upper deck had plenty of seating that went to waste, but the crowd was pretty hot all night. It's been too long since Huntsville had a show, let alone a tv taping!