PDA

View Full Version : Grave warning to cemetery visitors

John
10-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Council bosses in Essex have issued a ban on drunken romps at a local graveyard after complaints from mourners.

Grieving relatives were disgusted by revellers throwing parties, drinking beer and enjoying sordid romps in Colchester's town cemetery.

Irate mourners have flooded Colchester Borough Council with complaints over "disrespectful" behaviour, according to The Sun.

Now council chiefs have drawn up a list rules - including no heavy petting, no bikinis and no parties - warning people how to behave.

Coun Tim Young, the council's cabinet member with responsibility for the cemetery, said: "We have had men going around wearing nothing but shorts, and women dressed in bikini tops - and I don't believe that people who are in mourning want to see that.

"Other people have been having parties up there. While I agree it is reasonable for people to celebrate the memories of a loved one at the cemetery, when mourners start cracking open the lagers they are going too far.

"It is counter to what most people regard as right-minded behaviour."

The council is also banning people from putting up wind chimes in trees in the cemetery as it says there are now so many that branches are becoming weighed down.

He added: "When I heard some of the stories about how certain people were behaving in the cemetery we decided to make changes to the rules as soon as possible.

"It is just not acceptable for people to act in an anti-social or disrespectful way in a graveyard."

Slayer_X
10-24-2009, 08:12 AM
hell let em party

scorpionf
10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
What about religions where it is tradition to hold a party to honour some one when they pass away??