PDA

View Full Version : David Tennant gets radio surprise

John
11-11-2009, 06:18 PM
David Tennant says he was "gobsmacked" to find himself in another dimension when he stepped in as a guest radio host.

Staff at Absolute Radio - where the Doctor Who star is co-presenting the Breakfast Show with Christian O'Connell - had transformed the studio into a time machine for his arrival on Wednesday morning.

Tennant, whose four-year tenure on the sci-fi hit series comes to an end in the new year, got to the radio station in central London to find the front door painted blue and baring a lit-up Police Box sign with a flashing blue light.

The actor said he was "gobsmacked, flattered and humbled" by the efforts to help him "settle in" but added: "I thought I'd seen the last of that b***** Tardis."

The former Time Lord also announced to listeners he was moving house and would be auctioning off his "nasty old bed that's seen some action".

"It's a bit Bedknobs And Broomsticks. It's got a big tatty brass bedstead which I'd describe as shabby chic," he said.

"It's going with the mattress too - it's the bed that I've been sleeping in for the past 15 years. It's well used and has seen some good times and some action I can tell you, but it's time for me to move on."

The 22-year-old double bed will be auctioned live on radio and all the proceeds will go to Children in Need.