PDA

View Full Version : Revealed: How Rey Mysterio Became World Champion

JohnCenaFan28
11-17-2009, 09:01 PM
The UK Sun has posted an excerpt from Rey Mysterio's book Rey Mysterio: Behind The Mask, which discusses how he won the World Title. Check it out.. "It was the Royal Rumble in January and the winner was promised a shot at the heavyweight title. Not only did I win, I set a record for the longest Rumble turn, clocking in at 1:02:12. I raised my hands to the sky, dedicating my match to Eddie (Guerrero). Many things helped me in my run for the belt. The crowd and the push that I'd gotten from Eddie were certainly on my side. And I really have to give credit to Pat Patterson, who played a big role behind the scenes pushing for me, vouching that I would make a good champion. At the time, Pat was a producer and consultant to WWE. Older fans will remember that he was a longtime superstar as a wrestler, then an onscreen personality and commentator. I don't know what Pat saw in me. Maybe it was my professionalism. Maybe it was my love for this business, and the passion inside me. Maybe he liked my style or thought I'd be able to bring something new and unexpected to the company. Whatever it was, he made the case to the top people at WWE, including Vince. I didn't know anything about it until right after the Rumble, when I was called into a meeting with the top execs. 'You're going to be heavyweight champion,' they told me. 'Oh s***,' I answered."

Source: WI

DUKE NUKEM
11-18-2009, 07:26 AM
thanks for the post Eel

3D-Shadow
11-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Would be a good read, from watching his DVD he's a real humble, down to earth guy

mikedudelang
11-21-2009, 01:47 AM
I dunno...

After hearing him give interviews this sure looks like the work of a ghost writer to me.

A Blissful Ass
11-21-2009, 08:18 AM
My impersination of Rey:Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie blah blah blah