PDA

View Full Version : Boyle's-Band? JLS Admit Their Love For SuBo

John
11-26-2009, 08:23 AM
JLS have admitted they will be buying Susan Boyle's album - despite the fact that she's set to break their chart record.

The band scored the fastest-selling album of the year with their debut, but it now looks almost certain that Boyle will snatch the crown away from them.

"I'm actually looking forward to getting (the album)," admitted singer Marvin Humes.

"You know one of my guilty pleasures is musicals, and she's a great singer. It's a massive achievement for her - she's gonna be the biggest selling album of the year."

It was less than a year ago that JLS lost out to Alexandra Burke in the X Factor final.

But since then they have landed two number one singles, and outsold Robbie Williams.

They are currently working on the video for their next single, One Shot, which is already being tipped to score them a chart hat-trick.

"We worked hard on the album," says band member Jonathan Gill. "We're proud about what we've done, and it's not about competition. For us it's about what we've come from, what we've done and where we're going to go."

The guys built up one of the most dedicated fan bases during their stint on the X Factor, and now have a thriving community of devoted followers.

According to a recent story, a fan even hid herself in a zipped-up bag to get close to them.

Earlier this month though they had to deal with a near-disaster when thousands of fans surged through a barrier during an appearance in Birmingham.

Luckily nobody was seriously harmed.

"It kind of put a dampener on it you know," says Jonathan.

"Obviously we didn't want people to get hurt. We never want people to get hurt when they come to watch us or anything we're involved with, and it was kind of a shame that it had to happen."

It's certainly a long way since standing on that X Factor stage, and proof that even the show's so-called "losers" can forge out a successful career. Take note Jedward.

"When you put on a show like that you've got a captive audience," notes singer Aston Merrygold.

"This year again they've upped the standard. Whether you are an uber superstar or just starting out in your career, it's incredible."

"I think we owe Simon Cowell a favour," laughs final member Ortoise Williams.

"I always say to the boys I think I'm on one big school field trip, and I'm still on the coach, still enjoying it.

"Here we are doing our third video and it never feels like work. We truly feel like four of the luckiest guys in the world."