PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo reissues 'Shade' in paperback

OMEN
11-27-2009, 02:09 PM
DC imprint Vertigo has re-released the first 13 issues of Shade, The Changing Man in trade paperback this week.

The comic originally appeared 20 years ago, written by British scribe Peter Milligan. It was based on a character created for DC Comics by Steve Ditko in the 1970s.

"Before I started writing the book, I travelled across America, because I wanted to get a more personal take on bits of America that never hit the news," Milligan told CBR. "So I Greyhounded it across and took some planes and ended up on the West Coast. That was a real eye-opener.

"The book, for me, became incredibly personal. It was also a way for me to work out some of my thoughts about America through this most American of mediums - comic books."

Milligan also revealed that the character is to make a return in an issue of Hellblazer. "John Constantine is going to be in trouble in such a way that only Shade can really help him. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to that, because Shade and Constantine really work well together," he added.

The two characters previously appeared together in three issues of Shade in the 1990s.

Shade, The Changing Man: The Edge Of Vision is available in stores now.

DS