PDA

View Full Version : UOWForums upgraded to vBulletin 4.0 (Latest news and updates)

LionDen
12-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Hello all, as you may have noticed we have taken the plunge and updated to the new vBulletin. We like to take chances and as always it paid off as there was no problem with the upgrade which only took a couple of hours.

Ofcourse the forum will not remain the way it is but as we get closer to a stable version of this we will be moving forward adding new extras for members and coding going on all aorund you. Imagine you are just walking around a work site. :)

Alot of you who have been with us since the beginning know we like to change things around all the time and this time is no exception. With UOWs 4th birthday coming up, I am proud to say there will be many surprises coming the members way. So we hope all you oldies and ofcourse the new people to UOW continue to enjoy the forum and expect alot more from us in 2010. The universe will be growing bigger and stronger once again. So do not think this will be the final look of UOW ....

If you see certain spam posts on the forum, please be careful and do not click links in them as they can lead to viruses. All forums have problems with them and we at UOW are trying to stay ahead of them.

We will keep updating on changes to the forum and our plans for the future. Please feel free to give opinions and comments if you feel like it.

Regards
Lionden

UPDATE (9th Dec, 2009):

The release of the gold version of vb 4.0 is scheduled for 21st Dec, 2009. This means that hopefully by New Year, we will have our old skin back with all the extras and a new lighter skin by the 10th Jan.

We will also have a CMS by Jan 1st, meaning that we will have a front page for UOW with latest news, articles and more if all falls to plan. :) Also, we should have a blog system around this time also but more on that at a later date.

UPDATE (15th Dec, 2009):

A new upgrade was done and everything seemed to go as planned. Nothing spectacular for the members in this upgrade except for the side column.

The new side column will have latest threads, latest posts in threads etc. Not to sure on the width of the side column at this time due to people who may be using laptops or have smaller monitors, the forums may get squished. If anyone has this problem please tell us here.

Anything new for members will be announced here and please feel free to comment as we go. :)

UPDATE (24th Dec, 2009):

UOW has been upgraded to gold 4.0 and all seems to have gone ok. If anyone is having any troubles please mention it in here and we will get back to you ASAP.

The new skin may be a little while yet as with the new coding in 4.0 and a couple of bugs, it is taking longer to create it. We will keep you updated on this.

Keep an eye out for updates in this thread and new threads that start in the Announcements forum.

Seasons Greetings :)

dope2
12-08-2009, 12:54 AM
yep been here from the start and will continue to be here in future whoooooooooooooooooooooooo

A Blissful Ass
12-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the info Lion can't wait to see what UOWforums has to offer in the future i love every part of the Universe UOW,UOU and UOC i am a regular member and continue to be that in the future because i love it here

Kellie
12-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Great work Lion, thankyou

Shane McMahon's Ass
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Thanks for letting us know Lion :)

Punisher
12-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Great job on the update glad to see some changes

Slayer_X
12-08-2009, 02:01 AM
thanks . get the arcade up please

Shane McMahon's Ass
12-08-2009, 02:05 AM
thanks . get the arcade up please

:lmao:

You're a funny 1 Slayer

ArJay
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Good work Lion.

Vick Diesel
12-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Thank you Lion for the update, the lighter color is really hard on the eyes, I tried to change it to black by clicking on the bottom like you suggested, but it isn't working...btw I miss the arcade as well!

LionDen
12-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Thank you Lion for the update, the lighter color is really hard on the eyes, I tried to change it to black by clicking on the bottom like you suggested, but it isn't working...btw I miss the arcade as well!

It should work, I will look into it. I am sure another arcade will come again or the same one. I still have over 6000 games for it :)

Thank you all for the kind words.

John
12-08-2009, 07:45 AM
thanks Lion.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-08-2009, 08:49 AM
where is the Shoutbox and the tabs and the awesome dark skin :sad:

Ah well there's still work going on hopefully all those will be back soon. Good work LD :)

Vance
12-08-2009, 09:01 AM
good work LD...im gonna try changing that lighter colour too,its a bit blinding lol...

also is the quick edit gonna work again? its not working right now..

DA
12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
great job lion...

LionDen
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
good work LD...im gonna try changing that lighter colour too,its a bit blinding lol...

also is the quick edit gonna work again? its not working right now..

Not sure what you mean by quick edit but I did just get up lol If you mean edit a post, I know you have to click it twice. You also have to click reply twice to get to a more advanced reply screen instead of quick reply.

Not sure why this is so but must have something to do with the coding. I am sure it will be fixed in a future update.

OldSchoool
12-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Nice work on the upgrade, Lion :)

Jodes
12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
very nice job Mr Lion:D been here since day one and this is my home away from home.

Konan
12-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Thank you Lion for the update,changes good but i keep going and use to.

OMEN
12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Wow when i first logged in i thought i'd gone to the wrong site..lol,But as Always Lion you have done a great job Upgrading UOW and iam sure if it's anything like the last time you upgraded this place then there are a hell of a lot of features that will be coming to this place in the future.(Jut Please No More Tags...LOL)
Great to see you back again..

LionDen
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Thankyou all for your nice comments and good fortune. It is much appreciated and the feedback is always good.

The release of the gold version of vb 4.0 is scheduled for 21st Dec, 2009. This means that hopefully by New Year, we will have our old skin back with all the extras and a new lighter skin by the 10th Jan.

We wuill also have a CMS by Jan 1st, meaning that we will have a front page for UOW with latest news, articles and more if all falls to plan. :)

JohnCenaFan28
12-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm not going to lie, I hate this new look and format. I hope that we can get back our old colours and old style of things ASAP.

John
12-08-2009, 07:04 PM
A few scripting errors.

i hate how when click for new posts it shows the posts too :(.

and how avatars are in threads..

It looks awesome, Nice work, Lion.

Cankle Wang
12-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Sounds Cool the current Color is a little harder on they eyses though.

The Rebel Bad Ass

LionDen
12-09-2009, 06:39 AM
lol I swear some people do not read the first post.

DUKE NUKEM
12-09-2009, 08:38 AM
nice work Lion

Flair Country
12-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Looks good LD. Keep up the good work.

deadmanwalkin
12-10-2009, 04:37 AM
not bad not bad

it kinda grows on ya

Super Klawz
12-10-2009, 05:23 AM
I like the white personally, doesn't feel as dark and gloomy so i'll enjoy it while I can.

LionDen
12-10-2009, 07:08 AM
I like the white personally, doesn't feel as dark and gloomy so i'll enjoy it while I can.

Does anybody read the first post lol I will make a white skin (not bright white) once i have the UOW skin up :)

A Blissful Ass
12-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Everyone stop fucking Complaining that goes for you to John First people get the shits because the forum keeps crashing,next they are getting shitty because the forum is getting an upgrade and they don't like it be thankful it's still here and not shut down,Lion is improving the place for the better for all of us so shut the fuck up and get used to it Again thanks for all the work your doing Lion.

BTW you all know where the door is if you don't like it

LionDen
12-10-2009, 10:41 PM
One good point Impact Player made, the forum does not crash anymore :) I have also noticed the forum goes alot faster now. After 3 years of myself changing code and adding mods, the poor forum was straining but one good thing I have learnt what not to do lol. So don't expect the forum to be the way it was in the past with crashes etc :)

LionDen
12-14-2009, 09:38 PM
A new upgrade was done and everything seemed to go as planned. Nothing spectacular for the members in this upgrade except for the side column.

The new side column will have latest threads, latest posts in threads etc. Not to sure on the width of the side column at this time due to people who may be using laptops or have smaller monitors, the forums may get squished. If anyone has this problem please tell us here.

Anything new for members will be announced here and please feel free to comment as we go. :)

A Blissful Ass
12-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Thank you Lion forum is looking better and better everyday

Kellie
12-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Great to see the UOW logo back ... great work on the updates Lion

LionDen
12-24-2009, 05:12 AM
UOW has been upgraded to gold 4.0 and all seems to have gone ok. If anyone is having any troubles please mention it in here and we will get back to you ASAP.

The new skin may be a little while yet as with the new coding in 4.0 and a couple of bugs, it is taking longer to create it. We will keep you updated on this.

Keep an eye out for updates in this thread and new threads that start in the Announcements forum.

Seasons Greetings :)

Kellie
12-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Thankyou Lion

Shane McMahon's Ass
12-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Keep up the great work Mr. Lion!

OMEN
02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Nice to see the new updated Red skin back as it's become a bit of a trade mark of this place lol,But i was just wondering is there any chance we could have the blue skin back so that we can have a choice between the two...

Pirate Jack
02-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Lion. I think all Vbulletin 4.0 forums look like complete shit, but you did a really nice job on the new UOW. Congrats on the fine coding. Makes me appreciate 4.0 much more. Still not taking the plunge, but it really looks nice here. The black and red really pops.

Kudos

RocknRolla
02-16-2010, 11:07 PM
I think the new black and red skin looks really great.. hoping for something similar over on pws.