PDA

View Full Version : info on pujvian prison match

creatureofthenights
07-20-2006, 07:26 PM
credit rocker
"...the ring will be surrounded by a cage with barbed wire. The two contestants will be able to use it as a weapon. There might be barbed wire on the floor so no one can escape, that way they'll have to stay in and fight to the "death". It won't look like a regular steel cage, it's much different, but with the same material being used. There will also be weapons provided for the contestants to use to their advantage. Now I think you will agree that the match sounds hellacious. But I did manage to discover something else, my inside source at WWE has informed me that one of the wrestlers involved will leave the company as there contract is due to expire, shortly after the Great American Bash. Effectively making this Punjabi Prison Match a loser leaves WWE match."
This will be a sick match"

loser leaves wwe?gosh i hope not

Spawn
07-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Damn i dont want to see any of them go, I hope that thats not true. Because if taker goes we wont see brother of dustruction. And Khali, imo will have some great feuds in the up comming years. So I think they wont fire khali. But the match it self sounds kick ass cant wait.

Stunner
07-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Credit: Wikipedia.org

At the Great American Bash on July 23, 2006, The Undertaker and The Great Khali are scheduled to face off in a Punjabi Prison Match. According to storylines on SmackDown!, it is a match that has been held in India before. This, however, is most likely only kayfabe.

For suspense purposes, the WWE has been careful not to leak any information regarding what type of match it actually is. It can be assumed that involves a Steel Cage somehow, due to images of a cage in promos and the use of the word "prison" in it's title. Also, on the July 14th edition of SmackDown!, play-by-play commentator Michael Cole said that both men will be locked in a structure, which also points towards some sort of cage.

Also according to Indian fighters a Punjabi Prison Match is in a steel structure such as a steel cage, in which barbed wire is surrounding the upper rims of the structure preventing the wrestler to escape without flesh being ripped off the body.This, however, is certanily not the way WWE will depict it, because they have already had a Barbed-Wire Steel Cage match including wrestlers such as JBL, who say they have never seen this match before. It is very uncertain what WWE will present us at this time. Another hint that raised speculation on a cage being involved in the match was an article on WWE.com that had some wrestlers refer to Punjabi Prison as an "enclosure" and "entrapment".

Recently, it was discovered that there was a Punjabi Prison Match in India before, in which Dalip Singh, known as the Great Khali, took on Tiger Singh. The match was held inside a cage-like structure, with barbed wire on top of it. There was mud all over the place and weapons like screwdrivers and hammers were attached to the cage. In order to win the match, you must put your oppponent in a bodybag, and then bury him in the mud, as we saw Khali do to Gunner Scott on a recent Smackdown episode. I have also been informed that both of the contestants' contracts expire a short time after the Great American Bash, so the loser of this match will have to leave the WWE, making it a loser leaves WWE match.

F4L
07-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Wow yeah I read all this before, but could this really be the Undertaker\'s final match, the only possible scenario I see is that they send Khali to OVW or something to learn how to wrestle but that still doesn\'t make sense. And a Brothers of Destruction reunion is scheduled for Summerslam too. DAMNIT! I\'m so confused!!!

Stunner
07-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I see Taker winning but it won't be a loser leaves match. Khali & Big Show against the reforming Brothers of Destruction. Just my opinion.

the madscotsman
07-24-2006, 02:25 PM
credit rocker
"...the ring will be surrounded by a cage with barbed wire. The two contestants will be able to use it as a weapon. There might be barbed wire on the floor so no one can escape, that way they'll have to stay in and fight to the "death". It won't look like a regular steel cage, it's much different, but with the same material being used. There will also be weapons provided for the contestants to use to their advantage. Now I think you will agree that the match sounds hellacious. But I did manage to discover something else, my inside source at WWE has informed me that one of the wrestlers involved will leave the company as there contract is due to expire, shortly after the Great American Bash. Effectively making this Punjabi Prison Match a loser leaves WWE match."
This will be a sick match"
loser leaves wwe?gosh i hope not

Try again. this was a shit match.

QUASI
07-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Try again. this was a shit match.
Plus the fact that they put it on the fourth match of the night after hyping it and building it up hard for so long,...Who's booking this crap..Dusty Rhodes!:laugh: