PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels: I'm Taking Time Off After 'Mania 26

Relapse
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Amid speculation that he will be retiring after WrestleMania, WWE RAW superstar Shawn Michaels spoke to MySanAntonio.com this week and implied that he might be taking another extended hiatus from WWE after WrestleMania 26 min March.

"I take four months off in the summer and just spend time with the family," Michaels said. "It's a tough line of work. Those injuries hang around longer and those injuries are tougher to deal with. When I stop, my body will have an opportunity to heal and rest. That comes along with the territory."

Michaels took four months off after his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25 earlier this year and now that he's back still only works a limited schedule.

"I actually don't have to take on the schedule that the other guys have to take on," Michaels said. "I wrestle more on a part-time basis."

mikedudelang
12-11-2009, 01:23 AM
He's gotta do what he's gotta do. Michaels is a flat out legend and should be given the time to heal up and spend time w/ the family. I have zero issue w/ this.

LionDen
12-11-2009, 04:20 AM
You would think with the amount of talent WWE has all the wrestlers could take time off like this to heal and relax.

A Blissful Ass
12-11-2009, 06:57 AM
I Agree alot of the guys in WWE need to heal up so bad

Jon Power
12-14-2009, 01:58 AM
He does that EVERY year and it's annoying. He comes back solely for the ig payoffs at SS and Mania.

Relapse
12-14-2009, 02:35 AM
He does that EVERY year and it's annoying. He comes back solely for the ig payoffs at SS and Mania.

He's 44. He has done enough in the WWE. If he wanted to he could retire tomorrow and it wouldn't effect him financially. He has money and everything. Only reason he is back in WWE is because of McMahon and to help. When he returned awhile back I read somewhere that McMahon got in his face and started yelling at him or something and Michaels stood up and got right back in McMahon's face telling him he is here for him and that he doesn't need to be here and he has no problem leaving if McMahon doesn't appreciate it. I read this awhile ago can't remember where from but the point being is HBK is 44, he needs time off, hes not in the best shape.