PDA

View Full Version : WWE News: Internal Reaction to SNME, RAW Stars Shoot On TSN

OMEN
07-20-2006, 08:53 PM
source: PWInsider.com

# There's been a lot of talk internally in WWE about the dismal Saturday Night's Main Event rating. On a show when they gave the fans the return of Hulk Hogan and Batista's first match back from injury, the company expected to better last March's 3.1. Instead, they dropped a half of a point. Many people in the company realize that there is just too much first run wrestling on TV right now for SNME to mean what it did in the Nielsens 15 years ago. The business has changed and the concept of SNME just doesn't mean what it did back then.

# Ric Flair, Trish Stratus and Edge were in attendance at yesterday's press conference for RAW's move to Score and they took a number of veiled shots at TSN, the former home of RAW in Canada. Edge said, "The great thing is that Raw is finally going to be treated with the respect that it deserves. We're not going to be pre-empted. So if you turn on your TV to see me and Ric Flair in a TLC match, it won't be pre-empted for a bunch of guys in a curling rink with primal screams yelling 'Hurry hard!' The only primal screams you may get is if I have another live sex show with Lita. I'll see if I can do something about that.