PDA

View Full Version : Colin Firth 'likes idea of Bridget Jones 3'

OMEN
12-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Colin Firth has reportedly claimed that he likes the idea of filming a third Bridget Jones movie.

The actor starred as Bridget's (Renee Zellwegger) love interest Mark Darcy in the original film and its sequel, based on the novels by Helen Fielding.

Recent reports have suggested that Working Title is considering a third instalment, possibly inspired by Fielding's newspaper columns.

Speaking to Moviefone, he said: "I only know what you know. That might not be believable to you, but I honestly don't know. I'm not in regular touch with the Working Title people.

"I don't see why not! I think it would be well worth having a go. I like the idea in some ways now because I think enough time has gone by, we're not just sort of trailing the other two. We've all grown a little older, I think there's more fun to be had with that. I'm not adverse to the idea."

When asked if he would return, he replied: "Yeah, it depends. Good script - yes. Bad script - no."

Zellweger played down speculation about the film earlier this year, insisting that she had not heard anything about a third project.

DS