PDA

View Full Version : Navarro denies new girlfriend rumours

OMEN
07-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Dave Navarro denies he has a new girlfriend, just days after he and wife Carmen Electra announced they had split.

A publicist for the former Baywatch actress confirmed the couple were "amicably separating" on Monday amid rumours Navarro was romancing socialite Sarah Howard and on the verge of moving in with her.

The former Red Hot Chili Pepper's guitarist has now hit back at the claims in a frank entry on his internet site, www.6767.com.

He writes: "There are a few questions that I am willing to address. These I'll answer, but I am not taking any others. I figure it's better to say something here than anywhere else. Do you have a girlfriend? No.

"I have been living at home, touring, making and promoting a record or shooting Rockstar for the past several months. There is absolutely no way I could be living with someone in New York."

Navarro, who married the brunette actress in 2003 after meeting her on a blind date, also insists that he and Electra remain on good terms despite their split, and intend to help each other through this difficult time.

He added in his posting: "What does amicably separated mean? It means that Carmen and I love each other, we are and always will be best friends. In fact, we are supporting each other through this time.

"What better way to get through a tough spot than with your best friend? And that's that."

-Bang! Showbiz